Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where to find G3 speckled paint for floor

Where to find G3 speckled paint for floor 7 years 8 months ago #124557

Hey Guys!

Finally cleaned up the G3 and had the 650 running off the hose! Before I launch, does anyone know where to find a can of the speckled white/black paint to redo the floor?

Thanks,

Derek W. (well-worth-it)
'60 Glasspar G3
w/ '65 Merc 650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Where to find G3 speckled paint for floor 7 years 8 months ago #124716

Derek:

I have used "TCP Global" out of California for that original "Zolatone" speckled paint that came on our G-3's from the factory.
They are a great company to deal with and have all the different colors.

For your information, it has gotten alot higher price wise over the last few years so be ready for that. Here is a link for you on the paint:

www.tcpglobal.com/Automotive-Paint/Splatter-Finishes/?utm_source=msn&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=autopaint&utm_content=zolatone&utm_term=zolatone&utm_creative=p

I don't know if you have ever used Zolatone, but I have done it on both my G-3 and the Seafair Sedan. For what it is worth, I highly recommend using one of the older style "gravity fed" spray guns to apply it and NOT one of the HVLP pressure type spray guns. The HVLP guns DID NOT work well for me at all and they clog easily due to the Zolatone being fairly thick. I would also recommend at least a 2.4 nozzle on any gun you use Sir.

Anyway,....I hope that helps you some. Personally, I love the way
Zolatone looks on the Glasspar Boats.

Re:Where to find G3 speckled paint for floor 7 years 8 months ago #125174

Just did the Zolatone in my G3 this afternoon. Bought the product on line from AutoBody Tool Mart. Shot it on a little thick using my Gator Back auto insulation gun, think my GelCoat tip on my HVLP gun 2.2 mm would be better. Going to be doing my son's Seafair Seadan soon so will let you know.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 9439 guests and 2 members online