Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: G3 Owners Association Members Registry.

G3 Owners Association Members Registry. 10 years 3 months ago #87528

• morris
  • morris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Everyone, Jim Kerrigan asked a question about G3 Owners in his area on his recent thread. G3Bill in a post a few weeks (months?) ago voiced a similar query. There is a locked copy of the 6/22/2000 updated G# owners registry here in the archives. I do have a working or editable copy of that document on my computer. I have decided that I will update the Registry for the year 2014. If you wish to be added to the update please e-mail me with your information.
Info as follows;
Last Name
First Name - Al
AKA's- aka morris, aka morris_wil.
E-mail address - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
street address
City -
State -
Zip
year of g3's
I have no problem with having limited contact info as some of our members have not given their e-mail and street address on the old forum.
Karl would list the members who liked the G3 but had no boat at the time of the listing. I will list these members too.

Currently I know of 10 members on the original list updated 6/22/2000 that are still active. Most are with the Florida Glasspar Club. And; One on the West Coast "Glassparnut" man Bill you are getting OLD!!!

Please send your info for the 2014 G3 Owers Association Members Registry to

Al Wilson AKA morris_wil @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Until then Float Happy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:G3 Owners Association Members Registry. 10 years 3 months ago #87536

Done. Emailed to you.

Thanks for doing this Al!

Dean :)

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:G3 Owners Association Members Registry. 10 years 3 months ago #87552

Al:

Hey buddy, thanks for doing this for all of us.

I had tried to join that old organization way back in 2009 when I first met you and Sandy but for some reason our G-3 never got on there?? I was probably banned by BS! LOL!

Anyway,...I will get me information to you by way of e-mail too.
I wonder is we could set something up on Facebook?

Thanks again Al!

Re:G3 Owners Association Members Registry. 10 years 3 months ago #87559

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi John,

The last revision or update was in 2000. I hope for us to have a working document that can and will be maintained like the original was back in the late 90's.
In truth you have been a member of the Association by way of contributing to this forum. By being a member of our forum community. That since the 90's really has been the only requirement. At one time Karl would mail out invitations to the ACBS meet at St Michaels Island. The postage became excessive and he stated that the only notice of the gathering would be on the web site. He also encouraged the gathering of G3 owners in other parts of the country. What started out as a group of G3 owners from this coast became the global community it is today. It is awesome to think about what happened because a few friends decided to get together.

Thanks.

Al

www.g3owners.com

Re:G3 Owners Association Members Registry. 10 years 3 months ago #87570

morris wrote:

Hi John,

The last revision or update was in 2000. I hope for us to have a working document that can and will be maintained like the original was back in the late 90's.
In truth you have been a member of the Association by way of contributing to this forum. By being a member of our forum community. That since the 90's really has been the only requirement. At one time Karl would mail out invitations to the ACBS meet at St Michaels Island. The postage became excessive and he stated that the only notice of the gathering would be on the web site. He also encouraged the gathering of G3 owners in other parts of the country. What started out as a group of G3 owners from this coast became the global community it is today. It is awesome to think about what happened because a few friends decided to get together.

Thanks.

Al

Al:

Thanks for the great explanation on the G-3 Association!
As I said above, thanks alot for doing this for all of us.

We plan to attend that "St. Michaels" Show this year with our G-3.
I know that Chris (seabuddy) is very active in that show and I told him at our Falls Lake Event that we were going to try real hard to bring a G-3 to that event. I don't think he had any G-3's
there last year with the exception of the "custom hybrid" that had an inboard engine in it.

Re:G3 Owners Association Members Registry. 10 years 3 months ago #87605

Thanks Al for representing.

Looking forward to the next G3 gathering.

Got the sponson trim on the other day. John P helped me get that together, thanks John!

Re:G3 Owners Association Members Registry. 10 years 3 months ago #87671

glassparva wrote:

Thanks Al for representing.

Looking forward to the next G3 gathering.

Got the sponson trim on the other day. John P helped me get that together, thanks John!

Mike,...you are very welcome on that G-3 Sponson Trim!! Thanks for the pictures you sent. It looks great on your boat!

Re:G3 Owners Association Members Registry. 10 years 3 months ago #87855

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Al thanks for compiling a list but wondering where its going to reside for access? If access is only open to registered users on this site I cant see a reason for not posting emails and addresses, at least for me I never had a problem with email on the old g3 forum and made it easy to make a private contact? On the old list 5 or 6 years ago i found 3 or 4 g3ers close to me, one sold his to his son i think, another recently gave his away and another had 2 back east and 2 close by in so. cal. in a hanger. I contacted all with there address and using a phone book.

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan

Re:G3 Owners Association Members Registry. 10 years 3 months ago #87898

Hi Al,

I would prefer to only allow you access to my information as the G3 representative. My interest would be for you to send any gathering information or news of trips and G3 shows to me.

Please don't make my information public even if it's for members only here.

Please don't take this as offensive.

Thanks,

Re:G3 Owners Association Members Registry. 10 years 3 months ago #87934

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Bill, You are absolutely correct. In the beginning we had our own web site and forum. Things started changing in 02 and 03 which would see our site attached to Fiberglassics. This was then as now a good arrangement. Ken Sikora took us from being an attached site to being part of Fiberglassics regular forum selection. I believe this has benefited The G3 Owners very much.

It is critical we have the aka's or User Names and e-mail addresses as you have pointed out. That portion of the list could be posted here. It would allow for contact with others and in some cases help get some boats back in the water.

States and perhaps regions like So Cal and No Cal could help boaters contact other members in their area. This could help with restorations and some more G3 events. We should also strive as you pointed out to use the sites private messaging feature for times when a open post may not be necessary.

Bill thank you for your support. I have received your up dated info. In another month or so I may need your help with finding old members in Southern California if you are willing.

Thanks - Al

www.g3owners.com

Re:G3 Owners Association Members Registry. 10 years 3 months ago #87937

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Glassparva,

I believe you have concerns like Paul in California. I will be happy to honor your request as I have his.

Do you have the stringer measurements for the sedan if not please let me know as I can send them to you.

Al

www.g3owners.com

Re:G3 Owners Association Members Registry. 10 years 1 month ago #90004

The new registry is self-serve at www.g3owners.com/g3-registry.html

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6032 guests and one member online