Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
A place to discuss the problems/solutions and peculiarities of inboard engine installations, operation and trouble-shooting. Covering all types of inboard engines..Ford, Chevy, Chrysler and AMC based, flatheads and all types of inboard transmissions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'll start things off...

I'll start things off... 7 years 5 months ago #128771

• Nautilus
  • Nautilus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
You may have seen this before but if so, you're seeing it again! We're doing another over-restore-resto-mod on a 1966 Correct Craft Barracuda. Inboard engines have many advantages over a stern drive configuration, not the least of which is accessibility. Here's my latest creation: (click photo to enlarge)

I started with a 1985 vintage Chevrolet 300HP reverse rotation marine long block with performance cam (painted 1955 Lincoln Wisteria), vintage Edelbrock dual quad intake, twin Edelbrock #1409 600 CFM carbs on 12-degree wedges, Velvet Drive 1:1 transmission, vintage Edelbrock M1 marine exhaust logs, Pertronix Flamethrower marine distributor and coil, Mercruiser 7.4L raw water pump, chrome 125 amp marine alternator, vintage Corvette valve covers and a lot of other little goodies. It ought to crank out about 340-350 HP with these mods. I predict this Barracuda is going to leave every modern Correct Craft on the lake in it's wake.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:I'll start things off... 7 years 5 months ago #128809

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
NICE!!! I am not currently running a wedge on my holley 600 CFM on the Dearborn Interceptor in the bell boy express.... I think this could help with some carb issues I encounter from time to time, IE having to or thinking I have to, adjust the floats..... Thank you.. Also thinking I need to have the heads rebuilt this winter..... Thanks Jan

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:I'll start things off... 7 years 5 months ago #128811

Awesome as usual Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe, if you have one of those angle gauges($15 at Lowes) put it on the intake and find out how much angle you have. You can get wedges anywhere from a couple of degrees to 12 degrees. The one that's going into my Resorter needs a 12 degree but yours could be different.

Bob

Re:I'll start things off... 7 years 5 months ago #128813

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
by the looks of things, mine will also be needing a 12 degree, very fricken pricey!!!!! I think if you level the engine stringers you can achieve the same results as putting the boat on the pond...

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:I'll start things off... 7 years 4 months ago #128823

• Nautilus
  • Nautilus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Here is where I buy my 12-degree wedges. Best price and great quality.

www.boatdesigns.com/Tilt-Shim/products/286/

Glen-L also has just about everything you could ever want in the way of new inboard marine hardware. Here's the web address for that section:

www.glen-l.com/inboard-hardware/

Also, I have shelves full of good used inboard stuff...cheap. Email me with your needs.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:I'll start things off... 7 years 4 months ago #128839

I bought mine from Flagship marine in Florida. Yep the same guys that made the Flagship engines for the Owens boats. they new family bought the company back in the early 70's I think and moved it from Baltimore MD to Florida. I got an all aluminum one for $40.

I still have the cast one form the original engine but I won't be using it as I'm going with an Edelbrock EPS aluminum intake. you're welcome to the cast one if you like. Drop me an e-mail through here and I can send you a couple of pics if you like.

Bob

• Page:
Moderators: kensikoraNautilus
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6777 guests and 2 members online