• Page:

TOPIC: 1987 Merc 200 Impeller replacement

1987 Merc 200 Impeller replacement 3 years 8 months ago #143074

• Dr.Go!
  • Dr.Go!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Time for an impeller replacement. My work schedule last fall was making it impossible for me to fog and winterize. I live where winter lasts longer than summer. So when I finally got time to fog the engine, it was below freezing. So my choices was to run and fog with NO water for the impeller knowing I would burn it up... or not fog it and risk my power head. I chose to fog as quickly as possible knowing I would change the impeller this spring or summer... well work got in the way again, so I finally changed it today and it all checked out on the ear muffs. Lake test tomorrow. First boat ride of the season and summer is getting late. Pictures will show buyers of old motor why you usually start with a new water impeller and to always have it under water or have it on a water hose with muffs. Impeller got so hot it heated up the metal cup enough to melt the plastic housing and spin inside housing. It also warped the housing. I will be prioritizing my winter fogging as I don’t want to do this next year. Side note not related to impeller... I found mud packed inside the tell tail and tiny larvae inside with more mud plugging the lines. Before I could get to my impeller replacement I had to clean this out 2 separate times 3 weeks apart... I finally put tape over it. A mechanic told me he watched a small bee crawl right inside that tube once. Dang critters!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dr.Go!

1987 Merc 200 Impeller replacement 3 years 8 months ago #143076

• Dr.Go!
  • Dr.Go!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Test run successful. First boat ride in a year. The 33 year old 2.4 Merc 200 lives on. Can’t believe how easy it is to let life race right by... I am not getting younger so I better stop waiting for tomorrows and just get out there!
Attachments:

Dr.Go!

1987 Merc 200 Impeller replacement 3 years 7 months ago #143092

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Excellent!
can you say BEEEEZE? mud wasps get just about everywhere around here.
Good to see you back on the water. Been a long dry spell for ya.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8345 guests and 2 members online