Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 5 days ago #31987

sharp...your really getting innovative with this.
The topic has been locked.

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 5 days ago #32007

• houston
  • houston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

complete rework from the ground up as they would say...
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 4 days ago #32087

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Version One
Version 2

ok in both of these, in each panel there are a couple -eggs- to find, any one notice anything about the panels at all?

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 4 days ago #32096

version 1...version two with me in the merc house bulletin is fraud.

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 3 days ago #32132

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
ok so you like the original also in the MHB in Window 3, I made a little something else for Pane 1, it is three different Custom Craft pages that each one had to be "leveled", there banners readjusted, and the text box's leveled (again). you can see signs of how they where made where they must of taped a master to be duplicated, the tape out line can be seen in the image where I adjust the brightness and made some adjustment to darken the text.

the three "pages" stacked have the same information as the page originally in pane 1, but is better and more in-depth.

don't worry about your boat being in the MBH report ron , I can turn either that or the original that was in it (which had to be adjust and leveled) on or off like a light switch in the PPD file before committing it to a size adjustment. I just wanted to see what you thought of your B&W being in the MBH, I guess over all that idea was a failure...but still cute in a way.
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 3 days ago #32137

i like the way you did the first panel....

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 3 days ago #32155

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
the ever elusive 2ed panel has arrived, granted I took -some- rewrite liberty's from what Ron emailed me, but the text and the way it was written in New Jersenize made my word 2011 lite up like a Christmas Tree.

so with a little research seeing the feel of what Ron was going for, i did some research to fill the 2ed box I tried to make it an interesting read.
SAVE JOHN GIBSON

to fill Gibby in, Box 1 contains three Custom Craft sheets I found at Nickel-City which was suggested to me by CC:

the top one describes Ron's Custom Craft-Manta Ray-Runabout

the middle is the "upside down" coroner view, which I removed the confusing "gray table" the boat was laying on from the picture.

the bottom is the sheet about the Custom Craft-Manta Ray-Ski

The far right panel, panel #3 has a "gently edited" Mercury Boat house report that is for Ron's Custom Craft-Manta Ray-Runabout.

The Center panel is all text, some of which Ron must have been using for -years- giving the amount of "thumbtacks" I see holding his "old display sign" together.

My version may not past muster, but I will let you know what it says:
has been removed and stored in a warm humid environment

All three panels have passed what I call the "fly Inspection", where I zoom in on the image to 1200% to see if the letters of the word become blurry, currently the Image is a 7.5 wide by 5.5 tall, the posted image has been "reduced" for posting.
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 3 days ago #32157

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Ok, for a WET-CAT to go on ron's boat....the 1 million guppies QUESTION is...
SAVE JOHN GIBSON

Why did I just spend a hour, totally redoing panel 1, and having to edit and redo panel 2, anyone?.....

It's not like it's mine or anything or if I have really anything at stake here other than watching ron go down in flames at a boat show with a fancy sign....

clue...The Sportsman fishes for trout off his shinny, slick Custom Craft-Manta Ray-Racer....

next we will cover RESEARCH!
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 3 days ago #32164

good research...the Sportsman was a 61 model. the Racer made its debut in 1960. i have never seen either.
clue..cc must of informed you of that... :)
use my original definition of a stepped tunnel hull. the mantaray doesn't have two seperate hulls. i've also read somewhere that it isn't really a true catamaran, but more of a hydroplane, but i'll stick with the builders description.

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 3 days ago #32199

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I did a little "research"...and that is really exactly how your boat was described.

CC didn't tell me about the Racer, I went in to the library for information about the sportsman and found the 1960 Custom Craft Racer, look at the time stamp -cc wasn't even up that time this mourning.

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 3 days ago #32205

well someone made a mistake. it doesn't have 2 hulls. use my description or there will be somethin waitin for you.lol
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 2 days ago #32224

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
-See description-

"The Custom Craft-Manta Ray’s tunnel hull is a type of boat hull that uses two typically built boat hulls that are joined together with a solid center that traps air."

not making that up, that is really a deception.....

so if the Manta Ray isn't that, then it would be...the new and improved Manta Ray...right?
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 2 days ago #32225

not my boat mon....thats purple...mine 2 tone blue. the 2 sponsons aren't joined together. they are hand laid fiberglass as (1 piece) in a mould. to the bench you go. bye bye
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 2 days ago #32228

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
really I a surprised how some really don't know what they have, it amazes me generally.

"Tunnel hulls are somewhat related to catamarans, but have significant differences. The two hulls, called sponsons, are separated by a rectangular-shaped open area, called the tunnel, which is of a constant width the entire length of the boat. The depth of the tunnel is greatest about one-third aft of the bow, and gradually becomes shallower toward the transom. The sponsons are flat, with sharp inner corners, and shallow deadrise, usually between 8-15 degrees. Some tunnel boats have a center sponson flanked by two smaller tunnels, as well as the two outer sponsons. These are called "modified" or "MOD-VP" tunnels, while the conventional two-sponson version is called a "true tunnel". A tunnel hull may have a bow shaped similar to conventional v-bottom boat, may have an exaggerated rounded bow shape, often called a "shovelnose", or may have two sharp points extending out forward from the sponsons, called "pickleforks".

so about this bench you need to sit on...

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 2 days ago #32229

bla,bla,bla.......

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 2 days ago #32233

skippy says " Play nice or I'll take the boats away"

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 2 days ago #32236

nm
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 2 days ago #32267

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

"To compensate for this, Custom Craft has stepped the hulls and used a tapered streamlined spoiler."

really hate to brake out something like that to show there are multiple hulls on a boat like the Custom Craft Manta Ray.

And to further this a bit that area on the side is not the "step" that is a "breather" vent.
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 1 day ago #32274

we never discussed the 62. why would we? that new hull was introduced on the 62 mantaray. the hull on the 60 mantaray is completely different than the hull pictured. the 60 doesn't have the 5th point(spoiler), or the breather vent. you were wrong by saying the 60 mantaray has 2 hulls that are joined together at production. i think cc made that clear. every one makes mistakes...even me. ron 6 points..mark 2 1/2..hehe
oh btw Custom Craft and Manta Ray are 4 words. i just think they look better as one. another point fer you. lolol
cc stepped the hull before the spoiler was added as evidenced by mine.
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a 13 years 1 day ago #32278

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
vuyosevich wrote:

you were wrong by saying the 60 mantaray has 2 hulls that are joined together at production.

Really, I never said that...what I did write was...

"The Custom Craft-Manta Ray’s tunnel hull is a type of boat hull that uses two typically built boat hulls that are joined together with a solid center that traps air."

where did you get anything about "production" out of that?

swhooooosh the crowd goes nuts for the three pointer!

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 1 day ago #32279

they're not joined together.the sponsons are hand laid out together in a mould. THEY ARE NOT MADE SEPERATLY, THEN JOINED TOGETHER.

Re:Sample, of a 13 years 1 day ago #32281

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
so your boat doesn't have the spoiler either?

looks something like....this?
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 1 day ago #32284

absolutely not. wrong again. just as you were by saying my boat had the breathing vent. now do you want to put some money on it?
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 1 day ago #32286

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
how about the side and the back? just curious.

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 1 day ago #32288

side is posted above showing the stepped hull with no breathing vent. heres the back...NO SPOILER... your obviously confusing it with another year and model.
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 1 day ago #32293

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
ok so, here is where I am now "totally" confused.

The ridge down the middle is not a "point" rather it is referred to as a "spoiler" which yours doesn't have that being a 1960, seeing the spoiler was added in 1962...so yours "some-what" looks like this.

note: D - Air breathing Step

Now I asking all these stupid questions because I am reading stuff like this, which is another read about your boat where they refer to another style, granted the confusion maybe coming from they way they are using a graphic of the hull above with the new design which included the "spoiler", but the way the read shows a bottom hull with out the spoiler and with out the Vented sides is called a "three point hull" instead of a four point.

which, is where I am confused knowing I have seen your boat..and there is a breathing step which on the side of your boat it does stick out a little, and the sponcons do come back to the stern.

so, to rewrite the one sentence, that I took out of a read that was about Tunnel hull racing boats, I would you rewrite it?

looking at more reads the same sentence is used in the tunnel hulls and the Tri-hull cat hulls also.
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 1 day ago #32294

i'm done. this is silly. the pics speak for themselves.

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 1 day ago #32335

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 1 day ago #32341

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hum, maybe have, Cork board, will travel. I tried
Attachments:

Re:Sample, of a "Best-Shot" Card 13 years 6 hours ago #32389

OK.....i am locking this thread. Houston...enough with the games please.
Mike Russon
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

noimage
05-17-2024