Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a question about an other outboard? Scott, Ward and others are discussed here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Outboards related to Chryslers

Outboards related to Chryslers 9 years 5 months ago #102516

• l98tpi
  • l98tpi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I want to point out that Chrysler outboards are from a long line going back to WWII. West Bend (WB) made Sears 'Elgin' line of motors from right after WWII till the late 50s'. From the mid 50's to 64 WB sold under their own name. Chrysler bought WB in 1965 and over the next couple of years there were many updates. About the same year Chrysler bought West Bend they started making Montgomery Wards 'Sea King' motors taking over from OMC. So all of these can be posted on in the Chrysler Force section legitimately rather than the 'other' place. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.

Re:Outboards related to Chryslers 9 years 4 months ago #102668

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
And later S Marine (bayliner) bought the rights and produced Force outboards which were just Chryslers later rename Mariner.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

Re:Outboards related to Chryslers 9 years 4 months ago #102669

• l98tpi
  • l98tpi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes the Chrysler's got bought out by Bayliner and renamed Force. But the Mercury/Mariners under 40-50 hp were made by Yamaha and later Nissan/Tohatsu. The larger Mariners were usually older versions of Mercury motors. A friend has one that is a 80 hp in line four. Its a cross flow when Mercurys were the newer loop charged motors. A lot of Mercury parts found their way into Force motors in the 90s', up until the mid 90's when the old design was killed by EPA regs.

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7079 guests and one member online