Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a question about an other outboard? Scott, Ward and others are discussed here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1957 what? found a pristine boat but what is it?

1957 what? found a pristine boat but what is it? 9 years 3 days ago #108474

Hello fellow boaters. I recently found a boat in storage that is absolutely pristine . just like the day it came of the showroom floor but I can't identify it for several reasons. The owner is 90 years old and has owned the boat since 1957 or so, (in any case she and her now deceased husband bought it new in North Hollywood about 60 years ago) She has paperwork but it is at her house which is boarded up since she now lives in a convalescent home. the boat has an evinrude motor and is about 16 feet long, it has left hand steering which is unusual I think. On the steering wheel it says "Algood" it is a 2 spoke wheel. the hull is blue fiberglass and the deck is all gloss wood. sort of a cross between a classic fiberglass boat and a crisscraft style boat. the boat is buried in the back of a storage unit and so it will take some time for me to get photos of it but I was hoping someone out there might have an idea. Also the owner mentioned that she thinks the boat was built in the San Diego area by a company called keller craft. Any Ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1957 what? found a pristine boat but what is it? 9 years 3 days ago #108478

Sounds like a sweet find. Were you able to take any pictures of it?

1960 14' Speed Queen
1972 10' Tri-Cat 3
[Building] 10' Glen-L Squirt

Re: 1957 what? found a pristine boat but what is it? 9 years 3 days ago #108482

• billr
  • Thank you received: 0
kettenburg out of san diego, perhaps. they made a few 16' or so runabouts, some had wood decks since they specialized in wood sailboats. a friend just sold one up here near seattle.
Attwood made steering wheels.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7094 guests and 2 members online