• Page:

TOPIC: 1954? Aero Craft JCC Project

1954? Aero Craft JCC Project 4 years 11 months ago #139247

• John T.
  • John T.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, last fall I picked up a couple Aluminum boat projects.. one is the Arkansas Traveler in my other post.. this one I just couldn't pass up.. the JCC stands for Junior Cabin Cruiser .. its a 18 ft. boat . I found it on craigslist in Michigan not far from where it was built .. this boat is in for a total restoration and will be polished when completed .. I plan to run a 1958 Mercury Mark 75 60 hp. motor on it.. from what I have read they were built from 1947-1954.. It has sat about 2 1/2 miles out in the middle of the woods for about 26 years .. its on its original trailer which isn't real road worthy so we had to winch the whole thing onto a flat bed trailer to get it out of there..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1954? Aero Craft JCC Project 4 years 11 months ago #139248

Sweet score. The Areo Craft JCC is a boat that has been on my radar for years, but not something I would expect to come across. I am a sucker for old aluminum. Currently in my collection is a 1964 Aeroliner Cabinaire, 1959 Crestliner Jetstreak, 1959 Crestliner Vagabond(for sale) and a recently acquired 1963 Starcraft Starchief. Looks to be in very nice condition. Is it offside to ask what it cost to winch that onto your trailer...?
The following user(s) said Thank You: John T.

1954? Aero Craft JCC Project 4 years 11 months ago #139249

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

ski2rule wrote: Sweet score. The Areo Craft JCC is a boat that has been on my radar for years, but not something I would expect to come across. I am a sucker for old aluminum. Currently in my collection is a 1964 Aeroliner Cabinaire, 1959 Crestliner Jetstreak, 1959 Crestliner Vagabond(for sale) and a recently acquired 1963 Starcraft Starchief. Looks to be in very nice condition. Is it offside to ask what it cost to winch that onto your trailer...?

Hello ! Thank you ! not many people know what it is … nice boats you have !! I was looking at a jetstreak as well but it had more holes cut into the decks then I liked so I passed on it.. I just ran across this Aero Craft by chance. I was looking around on craigslist and saw it and thought wow !! whats that ?? the price was right and I jumped on it.. as for the trailer winching.. is was only the cost of gas as it's my cousins trailer we winched it on.. it was really quite simple to do.. the tongue weight was light after we drained out all the water !! LOL then just lifted the tongue onto the trailer and a floor jack and winched it up the ramps.. John

1954? Aero Craft JCC Project 4 years 11 months ago #139250

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Winching with the water still in it is a job that I wish on no one. :laugh:
Attachments:

1954? Aero Craft JCC Project 4 years 11 months ago #139268

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

63 Sabre wrote: Winching with the water still in it is a job that I wish on no one. :laugh:

Yes the Aero Craft probably had 100-200 gallons in it.. most of it in the nose.. you couldn't lift it without a floor jack.. once the water got to the stern and out of the boat it was quite easy to winch the boat and trailer onto the flatbed trailer ..

1954? Aero Craft JCC Project 4 years 11 months ago #139269

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
ski2rule.. I like those Aroliner Cabinares also … isn't your Vagabond a Feathercraft ?? what state do you live in and what are you asking for it ?? I also like some of the 1950s Lone Star Cabin Cruisers.. and the Crestliner Voyager Hard Tops and especially the Crestliner Voyager Patrol boat.. I passed on a couple of the Lone Stars and missed out on a Voyager .. maybe some day.. I need to stay focused on my Aero Craft .. I will be starting on it probably next month... I'll post photos as I go... John

1954? Aero Craft JCC Project 4 years 11 months ago #139272

Shot....(auto correct). Losing track of the boats I own and used to own. Had a Feathercraft Vagabond a few years back. Currently have a Crestliner Voyager. Also used to have a Lone Star Saratoga, and have always liked their cabin cruiser. Did I mention I like aluminium...I am in BC Canada. The Voyager is in mint condition with a period correct Evinrude 40 rebuilt 10 years ago. Listed locally for 3K Canadian.

1954? Aero Craft JCC Project 4 years 11 months ago #139275

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Oh !! so its a Crestliner Voyager you have for sale... I would be interested it that but your a long ways away from me !! yes I find I'm drawn to the aluminum boats too.. mostly the cruisers but I like the twin cockpit ones too.. I like the wood boats but they are a lot of upkeep..
I'm working on converting a EZ Loader trailer from rollers to bunks for my Aero Craft to get it on a road worthy trailer so I can get it the rest of the way home next month. I only moved the boat to a marina not far from where I bought it on that flatbed trailer and stored it there for the winter I need to launch it to swap trailers then bring it home..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)