Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another boat following me home !!

Another boat following me home !! 3 years 11 months ago #142161

• John T.
  • John T.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I picked up this 1956 Duracraft 16' 6" runabout and will be bringing it home in a couple weeks !! its a nice straight boat the lines on the port side are shadows not creases.. I will add more photos when I pick it up of the journey home.. its about 3 1/2 hours away.. I tried but couldn't pass this one up !! lol
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another boat following me home !! 3 years 11 months ago #142165

Hey John T,
By what I see: 16 hours ago... 9 days ago... 15 days ago... 16 days ago... 74 days ago that's (5) new old boats you have in less than 2 and a half months ! Slow down there buck-a-roo, you're making the rest of us boat hoarders look bad ! Ha-Ha-Ha ! I guess you'll slow down when you run out of land to store them all. Enjoy your new found projects !

Another boat following me home !! 3 years 11 months ago #142169

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Chuck in Cincinnati wrote: Hey John T,
By what I see: 16 hours ago... 9 days ago... 15 days ago... 16 days ago... 74 days ago that's (5) new old boats you have in less than 2 and a half months ! Slow down there buck-a-roo, you're making the rest of us boat hoarders look bad ! Ha-Ha-Ha ! I guess you'll slow down when you run out of land to store them all. Enjoy your new found projects !

Hello Chuck in Cincinnati !! I was hoping no one was counting !! lol all the boats I've bought were quite reasonable.. but those last 3 were just SO reasonable I couldn't resist !! I have to many boats now (8) at least 3, probably 4, will have to be finding new homes.. I think 4 are keepers..

Another boat following me home !! 3 years 11 months ago #142216

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Well Chuck in Cincinnati !! there is now minus one boat in my collection !! the Alumacraft Model K is no longer !!

Another boat following me home !! 3 years 11 months ago #142217

John T,

I have NO clue where you are finding all the NICE vintage "tin" boats from the 50s & 60s BUT I'd like to find JUST ONE mid-1950s runabout, that has NOT "been messed about with" for the 1956 JOHNSON BigTwin that I found in a barn near Bandera & that has less than 100 hours total on it.
(Once I washed the accumulated "crud" off, the old Johnny LOOKS brand new.)

CONGRADS on your "scores", tex
The following user(s) said Thank You: John T.

Another boat following me home !! 3 years 11 months ago #142234

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

TMN78247 wrote: John T,

I have NO clue where you are finding all the NICE vintage "tin" boats from the 50s & 60s BUT I'd like to find JUST ONE mid-1950s runabout, that has NOT "been messed about with" for the 1956 JOHNSON BigTwin that I found in a barn near Bandera & that has less than 100 hours total on it.
(Once I washed the accumulated "crud" off, the old Johnny LOOKS brand new.)

CONGRADS on your "scores", tex

Thanks TMN78247 !! I've had to let a few pass by and let the Alumacraft K go, as to many of these boats are coming my way lately and at prices that are hard to say no to.. but space is limited... so if something nice that catches my eye comes along its either pass it by or replace one I already have that I might not like as well...

Another boat following me home !! 3 years 11 months ago #142242

• John T.
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I picked up my boat yesterday.. here are some photos of the journey home.. first few at pick up, then at Mackinac Bridge, and then home..

Another boat following me home !! 3 years 11 months ago #142248

John T,

WISHING that there was something like that in TEXAS, as it would be GREAT on our Gulf Coast. = LUCKY are YOU, imo.

yours, tex
The following user(s) said Thank You: John T.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8130 guests and one member online