• Page:

TOPIC: 1970 Glastron V204 Gulfstream

1970 Glastron V204 Gulfstream 12 years 8 months ago #36923

• jrcs
  • jrcs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I bought this boat 4 years ago and have been playing/restoring it since. The question I have is "are there any more like it "out there". I've been scouring the various internet sites and marinas/salvage yards, used boat dealers, and have NEVER found one of the same year. If anyone has any information about this boats history I would be very interested. Thanks in advance for your help!
Ron (jrcs)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1970 Glastron V204 Gulfstream 12 years 8 months ago #36932

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Cool boat! Hopefully someone else out there know something! Dont give up!

Re:1970 Glastron V204 Gulfstream 12 years 8 months ago #36934

• jrcs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks! Its been a fun project. There are more pics in the gallery. 1970 V204 Gulfstream. There are some Ads I found online for that year and model but so far thats been all. I did locate a 1969 V204 in Norway, and LBJ owned a 1965. His had a 409 cid. engine and jet drive

Re:1970 Glastron V204 Gulfstream 12 years 8 months ago #36956

Cool boat, There was one here on Morse lake Noblesville IN, But the guy passed away 4-5 years ago. Dont know what happened to the boat. It was for sale local but? Same color too.

Re:1970 Glastron V204 Gulfstream 12 years 8 months ago #36968

• jrcs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the info!! Actually I think ALL the 1970's were the same color, not absolutly sure though. As I said earlier I've had the boat for 4 years, it was in pretty bad shape when I got it, floors, stringers, some transom damage, windshields were off and center glass was broken. I bought it from a private party that had gotten it at an auction held by ( I think) The Goodwill Industries in Illinois. there was the number 10 on each side in the rear of the boat which makes me think at one time it was a rental unit. I tried to "trace back" registration in Illinois but they weren't able to help me at all. Again Thanks for your input, I'll keep searching !
Ron ( jrcs)

Re:1970 Glastron V204 Gulfstream 12 years 7 months ago #39235

You should look at the www.classicglastron.com website. There's the photo of LBJ's boat at the bottom of the frontpage.

There's a good video available on my DVDs or as an mp4 download featuring the LBJ boat at Glastron's 50th Anniversary.

Go to www.americanclassicspeedboats.com find the show download page. Download Show #9 "Famous Designs" for 2.99

I've personally been rehabbing the smaller outboard version of that design. New seats are almost done and we may launch next month.

The Classic Glastron site may still have a good article about the first mass produced V-hull, Glastron boats and how they came about.

The design was so good, that it changed very little for over 5 years, pretty unusual in our throw-away society.

I'm sure somebody will locate a parts boat for you. They're not uncommon.

Good Luck,
Attachments:

Re:1970 Glastron V204 Gulfstream 12 years 7 months ago #39254

• jrcs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the information! I'm a member of Classic Glastron. they have a few pictures of LBJ's boat and the ad sheet for the 1970 V204. There are more pictures of the boat in the gallery here listed as 1970 V204. the Resto is done pretty much, still a few "touch ups" I use the boat a lot, living in Houston I go to the Gulf and Galveston Bay, Also go to the fresh water lakes and rivers close by. Each May I meet my brothers in Arkansas for a week long fishing trip, the boat goes too LOL. Again Thanks for the info I Will check out the other site, haven't been there yet!Ron

Re:1970 Glastron V204 Gulfstream 12 years 7 months ago #39296

I just looked over at ClassicGlastron and they do have a page dedicated to the 1963-1970's Aqua Lift hulls. But, it's not the great old article I found several years ago someplace that described Bob Hammond as conferencing with the man who actually had the V-hull idea years earlier and then Bob taking years to develop a way to build the molds and production line for the v-hulls. The video I shot with Kevin at the Glastron Anniv.
features Todd and several of the other Classics displayed there. They stole the show from the new models. My boat was a one-owner boat we had to dig out of a field. The owner had had the motor tuned just 2 years earlier before leaving it to the worms. I made an offer when we found it but he called a year later and gave it to me. I think your model shows up in the Bond movies as a chase boat chasing Bond's Carlson.

Re:1970 Glastron V204 Gulfstream 11 years 8 months ago #65301

Hi I just bought the same boat yesterday, it is in pretty good shape for its age and needs a good cleaning, I am having a hard time starting it though is there a certain sequence I should be following to start her?

Re:1970 Glastron V204 Gulfstream 11 years 8 months ago #65303

• jrcs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Glad to hear there is another one around! As for the starting problem I'll need a bit more information about your boat. How long has it been since last run, what engine,is the battery charged, did you change oil and filter, did you change fuel filter? There are a ton of reasons for a no start,anything from a bad igntion switch to a bad starter,coil, points,battery,fuel pump,etc.
The boat I have was pretty trashed when I got it, I repowered, rewired,and MUCH more. I'll try to help you as much as I can. My real email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. you can email me directly if you wish !
Good Luck, Ron

1970 Glastron V204 Gulfstream 2 years 9 months ago #144823

Good Day ,
I live in Martensville , Saskatchewan , Canada.
I have a boat just like yours , I want to sell mine.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)