Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
FiberGlassics® Mid-West
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1964-65 tomahawk scout by Harley

1964-65 tomahawk scout by Harley 12 years 6 months ago #45073

Ok I have a 64 scout the Harley model, 14' has original evinrude motor with some issues, which I will get into later. I purchased the boat around 5 years ago. Boat ran fantastic for 3 years and is now in need of motor repair.
Motor is something I believe I can repair myself. My question is I now would like to restore this boat to it's original glory. What rules should I follow on this restore?
There already is some bad fiberglass repair work on the keel which I would like to repair also keel has some minor holes.
The boat also has newer seats in it but are same type that were in original just set in awkward positions. Has original gas tank and most hardware minus windshield, I do have windshield mounting hardware.
Is a restore worth the time and money I will have to put in this boat? Finding original parts will prove to be quite difficult.
Harley sticker decals are in good shape and so is medal plate on transom. Stickers have some sun bleaching

Can I paint this boat? Or should I leave original it is quite dull.
I really love the look and style of the boat and if it's not worth restoring for a solid profit I would love to repair and paint to keep for a personal collection.

Please anyone with knowledge on how to restore the boat properly would be greatly appreciated. I have never restored a boat and would love to know the proper ways to do it so I can make a educated decision on what my next move is with the boat. Being in Milwaukee I get loads of offers for the boat, but as of now am not inclined to sell her

Anyways, thanks for your time and if anyone wants pictures let me know

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1964-65 tomahawk scout by Harley 12 years 3 months ago #51825

I have a 1964 Tomahawk 16 foot closed bow run about. I'm also have trouble
finding info on the boat. But I found out wher to get a new windshield not much else. I would like to see some pictures of your boat.

Good luck Bill

Re: 1964-65 tomahawk scout by Harley 12 years 3 months ago #51863

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)