Username: Password: Remember me
FiberGlassics® North-East
  • Page:

TOPIC: FGNE 2014 Meet?

FGNE 2014 Meet? 10 years 3 months ago #87701

• cc1000
  • cc1000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
We, (Nickle City Classics) were approached at the Niagara Frontier ACBS show last year to represent Classic Fiberglass Boats at the Annual ACBS meeting at Skaneateles NY in 2014.

www.skaneateles.com/visit/events-a-attractions/skaneateles-antique-classic-boat-show

"BIG NEWS FOR 2014! There will be 2 Boat Shows in Skaneateles in 2014! Our regular boat show the last weekend in July (July 25, 26, and 27, 2014). The details for this show will be updated in spring of 2014.

And then.....the International Antique and Classic Boat Show and Annual Meeting will be held at the Skaneateles Country Club on September 16-20, 2014. This event will be open to the public on September 19-20, 2014. Stay tuned to this website for more information!!

Sparkling clean water, gleaming classic mahogany boats, beautifully restored antique wooden boats, live music filling the air, a feeling of yesteryear....join us for the Skaneateles Antique and Classic Boat Show's 19th year in Skaneateles on July 26, 27, and 28, 2013."

I have yet to hear anything more on this, but I wanted to get your input on possibly having our FGNE meet there to coincide with this event.

Hopefully we could make it another impressive showing like our 2011 showing at the Finger Lakes Show:

www.fiberglassics.com/latest/glassics-buzz-in-the-north-east

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:FGNE 2014 Meet? 10 years 2 months ago #87766

Dave,

Since my Aqua Ray turns 50 this year, I want to do a "50th Anniversary Tour" (sort of) and am looking for shows. One out near its birth place would be good. The last weekend of July could be a problem as that conflicts with the show here in Mystic. I like to support to local shows, so I plan to do Mystic and the ACBS show in Essex, CT 2 weeks before. Open for other ideas.

Todd

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:FGNE 2014 Meet? 10 years 2 months ago #87811

The end of july doesn, t interfere with anything I have planned, so who knows ...a possibility, as long as another medical problem arises.

Re:FGNE 2014 Meet? 10 years 2 months ago #87814

• cc1000
I should have been more specific, I was referring to the international show later in September.

cc1000 wrote:

the International Antique and Classic Boat Show and Annual Meeting will be held at the Skaneateles Country Club on September 16-20, 2014. This event will be open to the public on September 19-20, 2014.

We will also be going to the Wine Country Show in July, so two shows so close together will be a little much. We hope to have the Sun Ray ready for the September show, but might be a little much to ask for the July Show, especially since the trailer is going to need some work too.

Todd, if you could make it to the Buffalo Show that would be great. If you wanted to store the boat at Frank's on the way back for a couple of weeks, I'm sure he would be fine with that.

Got a lead on another pristine barn find, so who knows, may have a few more there?

If I can get a few more to commit to Buffalo, we can make it one of the featured boats again. I know Ron won't be able to make it because of Tuckerton, but Steve's may be ready?

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:FGNE 2014 Meet? 10 years 2 months ago #87905

Sept show could work. Any possibilities of getting it wet?

Let me know about the barn find. If it's the Delta Ray cruiser, I want it!

Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:FGNE 2014 Meet? 9 years 11 months ago #92951

Years ago I thought it was such a great idea to do Hammondsport for our annual meet, kind of centrally located and all, well organized, great little village, beautiful lake, and we can see were that idea went. Now we're talking about meeting here, meeting there. Good for you guys. Took me a while years ago to stop going to car shows with the hot rod, and just enjoy driving it. Guess I'm starting to feel the same way about the boat.

Frank

Re:FGNE 2014 Meet? 9 years 11 months ago #92960

sorry to hear that frank. gibby and now you. surely going to miss seeing you both at meets. ron

Re:FGNE 2014 Meet? 9 years 11 months ago #92976

• cc1000
thetudor wrote:

Sept show could work. Any possibilities of getting it wet?

Let me know about the barn find. If it's the Delta Ray cruiser, I want it!

Yes, definitely get it wet! This is an action oriented show!!

It looks like I'm going to concentrate efforts close to home this year.

We will feature either Custom Crafts or Classic Glass as one of the featured boats at the Buffalo Show.

Ron, maybe we'll see you next year as it looks like they will be moving the show back a week. :)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:FGNE 2014 Meet? 9 years 11 months ago #92990

Is there a flyer or info page on Buffalo yet? If you could post or email me something, that would be great

Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:FGNE 2014 Meet? 9 years 11 months ago #93016

• cc1000
Working on it now, we got a late start because they weren't sure they were going to get enough help to put on the show.

I'll let you know as soon as we update the page. :)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:FGNE 2014 Meet? 9 years 10 months ago #94325

Hi Dave, I met you at the buffalo show last year. I have the hydrodyne. Wish I could return this year with better weather, but can't make it that far. However, I'm going to the Lake Chautauqua show on Saturday, July 12 in NY. Wondering if anyone is going to be there from FG?

Dreams do become reality!

Re:FGNE 2014 Meet? 9 years 10 months ago #94327

• cc1000
Hi Todd, It was nice meeting you last year in Buffalo! Too bad about the weather. This year will have even more Glass!! Would love to have you again! My suggestion would be to see what other FG owners are in your area, or the area of the Show, and contact them. You can use the FG map to get a good idea, and contact through the website. You could also start a post here or on the main forum to see if there is interest that way. I can tell you from experience though, that there is no substitute for personal contact to encourage people to come to shows...

P.S.We are raising funds to help with travel expenses for fiberglass boats coming to the Buffalo Show, so if that helps, let me know.

P.P.S. We can't make it to that show as we are having an event at Canalside in Buffalo the same day.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt