TOPIC: 2014 AOMCI Carolina chapter events

2014 AOMCI Carolina chapter events 10 years 2 months ago #89624

• l98tpi
  • l98tpi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Via: Chapter pres Scott Bogue spbogue at earthlink dot net

(note: the Carolinas chapter includes in and around Smith Mountain, Kerr and other southern lakes in VA)

Coming to a meet is a good way to buy, sell, trade, make new acquaintances and renew old ones, or just enjoy being around old outboard motors and the books, articles, ads, accessories, and boats that define them. Here’s what’s coming up:

March 15: Dry meet at Pat Crusse’s boat restoration shop Crusse’n Classics, 173 River Park Road, Mooresville, NC; 704-351-8994. Starts at 9:00. We’ll take up a collection for pizza for lunch, or you can bring your own or go out to a local spot. Check out www.crussenclassics.com .

April 26: Swap/display meet in conjunction with the Washington, NC Marine Market, a nautical-themed flea market that’s held on the (beautifully renovated) waterfront. We’re one of the featured exhibitors, and members of the public have a great time reminiscing and looking over the motors, boats, and nautical stuff. We can also buy and sell among ourselves and to the public. Take a look at washingtononthewater.com . Many members bring the family and stay for the weekend; there’s lots to do. We’ll set up Friday night and Saturday morning, and the event starts at 9:00 AM.

June 21: AOMCI Carolina’s traditional wet meet at Lake Reidsville in Reidsville, NC. Bring lunch and drinks, or buy snacks and drinks at the park store on site. Starts at 9:00 AM. There will be a $5 event fee to cover the cost of the shelter, and it costs a couple of bucks to get into the city park. www.ci.reidsville.nc.us/government/lake_reidsville/index/index.php

September 6: Philpott Lake, VA wet meet, organized by Bill Goold and Bob Pennoyer. Location is Philpott #7 Twin Ridge Park. $5.00 event fee, to cover the picnic shelter rental. They’ll probably cook up some dogs and/or burgers; details to come on that.

October 11: South Carolina wet meet on Lake Murray at Chapin, SC. It’s a perfect setup, at a members home, with a private launch ramp and dock along with plenty of space for parking and swapping. Lunch will be provided; no fee, but donations will be accepted.

ACBS meets: (In the Carolinas area, often attended by AOMCI guys)
April 12, Blue Ridge chapter show at Lake Hartwell
May 17, RDC (Raleigh Durham chapter) boat show at Lake Gaston
July 17, RDC Summer Run
September 13, SML (Smith Mountain Lake chapter) show
October 19, RDC Fall Run at Lake Gaston.
Details on the ACBS website.

May 16: Henry Champagney’s East Tennessee meet and cruise.

Directions, details, other information: Scott Bogue, spbogueatearthlinkdotnet

Whether you’re a new AOMCI member, an old member who hasn’t been to a meet, or someone who gets to as many meets as possible, come and enjoy the people, the outdoors, and the boats and motors. Like you, they all have a story to tell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.

Re:2014 AOMCI Carolina chapter events 10 years 2 months ago #89648

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for posting the event list Mark, since the FG Calendar is down right now it's the best way we've got to keep up with things !

Mark

Re:2014 AOMCI Carolina chapter events 10 years 1 month ago #90219

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I'm the unofficial chapter liaison to fiberglassics. :laugh:

I'm part time bit twiddler. I wish I knew more about Joomla/Kunena so I could help. :unsure:

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.

Re:2014 AOMCI Carolina chapter events 10 years 1 month ago #90267

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
l98tpi wrote:

I'm the unofficial chapter liaison to fiberglassics. :laugh:

And we appreciate your efforts! Seriously, I believe participation in events like these is THE best way to promote our passion. I still hope to make at least one or two this summer, Al and the gang invited me up and I'd love to come up and rub elbows with y'all. I just have to figure out how to juggle the dialysis schedule etc.. I had every intention of joining the Blue Ridge Chapter of ACBS this spring, but medical expenses may delay that another year. No worries, I'll get in there one of these days, I'm not a quitter! :)

Mark

Re:2014 AOMCI Carolina chapter events 9 years 10 months ago #96334

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
The Reidsville Lake event is this Saturday! Y'all come!
Its a small but really nice lake that is a city park.
The weather is going to be pop up thunderstorms which is typical for the area this time of year. Not much to stop us though. We have a covered picnic area, so a place to retreat during a shower. :)

I you want to show up email Scott Bogue at the above address so he can add to the head count. If you don't have a boat to run a motor on there is always some one there willing to let you run yours on their boat.

Come see us!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7068 guests and one member online