Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
FiberGlassics® South-West
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any FGSSWW'ers out there?

Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 10 years 8 months ago #80654

South South West West can only mean So Cal Diego. Will be getting the boat on the water here in the next few weeks and was wondering if there were any others that might be interested in meeting up for a boat gawking meet and greet? Maybe cruise Humphrey's on the Bay and take in a evening of free concerts on the water? Pretty good schedule coming up...

humphreysconcerts.com/schedule_glance.cfm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Change is Opportunity!

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 9 years 8 months ago #97880

I'm in San Diego, probably won't get the boat out on the water for another month or so. We must be the only two on here :)

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 10 months ago #109884

I'm in LA, so playing down south isn't out of possibility. But I don't do salt water. Also, I have a little baby (7 months) so night time is an issue.

Will

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 10 months ago #109906

• Larry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Will,
Check out goldenstateglassics.com

We have 5-6 Glassic Boat gatherings each year from L.A. to Sacramento.

Larry
Vintage Boatworks
Bakersfield, California

Attachments:

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 8 months ago #112572

• John3
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Is there anything planned on Mission Bay or San Diego Harbor? It's mid July and the weather is nice.
We live in the San Fernando Valley of L A, it's a bit of a drive so we prefer a 2 or 3 day get together. Also need a bit of warning.
If someone would like to come up here, we can buddy boat to Catalina, the Isthmus or Avalon, for a couple of days.

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 8 months ago #112624

I am about to take my boat this weekend for a shake down cruise then I would love it if I could get together in Mission Bay with some fellow fiberglassic...ers.

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 8 months ago #113029

I'm in SE LA County. I will be boating out of Long Beach, mainly, but would like to hit as many So.Cal. lakes as I can over the next couple of years.

I just bought my Glass Magic Ranger. It will need some love, but the engine runs great. I'll be receiving it back from the boatyard maybe next week (water impeller, lower end oil), but won't have time to splash her until about a week after that.

Should give us plenty of time to plan something, right?

Paul

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 7 months ago #113268

• John3
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, what kind of boating are you interested in? Day trips or over_nighters? Most places involve a fairly long drive thru heavy traffic so we prefer at least a 2 day trip. But then we live aboard on the water & when traveling long distances to get there.
The Calif lakes are all part of the drinking water so you cannot over night, also your boat and motor must be clean & dry to pass the Quagga mussel inspection.
We're interested in meeting up anywhere along the coast from San Diego North including buddy boating to Catalina, the Colorado River from Lake Powell South, Puget Sound (Washington State), the Sacramento River Delta, etc.

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 7 months ago #113445

I am at parker Arizona this weekend and although hot, it's great fun. Havasu is probably nice also. Mission Bay or SD Bay is always fun or maybe some lakes in San berdandino co., big Bear is always pretty.

Maybe we could do this in sept when it's more mild weather?...and I get my lower unit repaired.
:)

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 7 months ago #113586

I got everything done that's gonna be done, so I'm probably splashing at Marine Stadium in Long Beach on Sunday. Gonna do some testing with the boat.

One thing I'm really interested in learning about is what waterways are available to me for boating with my two-stroke engine. I bought the mussel sticker when I registered her, but do I need anything else?

I'm interested in all the CA lakes plus the Colorado river and those lakes (Mead, Mojave, Havasu). Is there a central location on the web where I can find all pertinent restrictions?

Thanks,

Paul

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 7 months ago #113612

Good morning-
How does Golden State go about letting site members and the general public know of these events? Thanks Jack

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 7 months ago #113696

There is no state wide restocking on two strokes, thankfully. They are only banned in a handful of lakes that are used for drinking water.
You can find the info and the lakes they are off limits here
dbw.ca.gov/Environmental/TwoStroke/TSxp.aspx

Yes the mussel sticker is required, they just ask what water it was in last when you launch and quickly inspect the boat.

I think I will try to get up on the Colorado River again between Parker and Laughlin soon. Maybe Lake Havasu. Probably in late September.

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 7 months ago #113818

Thanks for the link! I'll go BookMark it.

I've always wanted to cruise that exact stretch of river. How long do you suppose it would take? Maybe start on Havasu and cruise upsteam to have lunch. There's a ramp and a dive bar in the middle of Bullhead maybe 5-10 miles south of the dam. Burger and a beer and then sorta float back down the river?

Do they keep enough water in the river to boat anymore? I haven't been to Laughlin for ten years or so.

Paul

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 7 months ago #113820

Here's the info on Mead, Mohave and Havasu...

< www.nps.gov/lake/learn/management/twostroke.htm >

Key info from that site:

Presently, the two-stroke engine ban only applies to personal watercraft (Jet-Skis, SeaDoos, WaveRunners, etc)...and, NOT boats. So, that's nice!

Re:Any FGSSWW'ers out there? 8 years 7 months ago #113821

And, this:

Two-stroke PWCs are permitted in areas such as the Colorado River south of Davis Dam, Lake Havasu and other recreation areas managed by other federal, state and local agencies.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)