Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking for Glasspar parts

Looking for Glasspar parts 8 years 11 months ago #109097

Hello, My name is Joe. I am new to this site and somewhat a new owner to a glasspar. Im not sure if my boat is a G3 or not but I need to start somewhere. I have a 1960 Glasspar Lido. I got it from someone who started restoring it and got it to the point of running and quit working on it. It is in great shape t does need some things. The biggest thing I need is the rubber bumper that goes around it. I also am looking for the steps that go on the sides. If anyone has any suggestions on where I can find parts please let me know. Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BigRay478

Re:Looking for Glasspar parts 8 years 11 months ago #109098

Joe:

Welcome to the website Sir!

A good source for the rubrail you are looking for is this website:

www.wefcorubber.com

They have most any rubrail for our old Glasspar Boats. It looks like you have a Glasspar Lido. I am posting a picture below of our 1960 Glasspar G-3 Center Deck, so you can see how they look. The G-3's made after 1961 were OPEN DECKS and did not have the "partition" between the front seat and the back area.

Here is are some photos of our 1960 Glasspar G-3:

I hope this helps you some Sir!
Attachments:

Re:Looking for Glasspar parts 8 years 11 months ago #109120

Thank you for the web site. Im going to see if they have what I am looking for. I have been wanting to finish our boat since we got it.

You have a BEAUTIFUL boat. Did you fix it up your self or buy it already done. I love the way the G3 looks. Its a sportier boat than the Lido. Ours still gets a lot of attention at the lake.

I know this forum is for the G3 but it is the only Glasspar forum I seen on here. Do you know if there is a forum for all Glasspar boats or for the lido.

BigRay478

Re:Looking for Glasspar parts 8 years 11 months ago #109140

bigray478 wrote:

Thank you for the web site. Im going to see if they have what I am looking for. I have been wanting to finish our boat since we got it.

You have a BEAUTIFUL boat. Did you fix it up your self or buy it already done. I love the way the G3 looks. Its a sportier boat than the Lido. Ours still gets a lot of attention at the lake.

I know this forum is for the G3 but it is the only Glasspar forum I seen on here. Do you know if there is a forum for all Glasspar boats or for the lido.

Joe:

Thank you for your kind words on our G-3 Sir! ;)

Some history for you on our 1960 G-3. My Dad ordered the boat new in the fall of 1959 and he got it in the early spring of 1960. It has been in our family and "garage kept" since then and had been used by myself and three Brothers. In 1999 my Dad passed away and left it to me. It was in very good shape when we got it, but needed a "refurbish" from being stored for over twenty years up in the State of Wisconsin. So,...over a two year period, my Wife and with help from some VERY good antique boat techs we brought it back to almost original condition! :) I will post a link for you on the refurbish.

You asked about specific Glasspar Boat sites. Here is a link to one that has been around for a long time and is run my a very nice man by the name of Michael McKinney:

www.classicglasspars.com

Re:Looking for Glasspar parts 8 years 11 months ago #109245

Wow, that is a beautiful boat.. I wish mine could look like that but health and $$ have stopped my project far short of that...

I have a question, in the picture I reposted, in the circled part, where did you find that? I have a hole there which doesn't look very good and would like to find something to improve the look..

Thanks,

Kerry
Attachments:

Re:Looking for Glasspar parts 8 years 11 months ago #109250

deac1234 wrote:

Wow, that is a beautiful boat.. I wish mine could look like that but health and $$ have stopped my project far short of that...

I have a question, in the picture I reposted, in the circled part, where did you find that? I have a hole there which doesn't look very good and would like to find something to improve the look..

Thanks,

Kerry

Kerry:

Thank you for your kind words on our 1960 Glasspar G-3 Skiboat. ;)
I appreciate it very much Sir.

You asked about that black cable insert in the splashwell. We purchased that from "Lighthouse Marine", located at 220 N. Green Meadows Dr., Wilmington, N.C. 28405.
Here is a link to their website for you:

lighthousemarinetrailer.com/index.html

Re:Looking for Glasspar parts 8 years 11 months ago #109252

Joe and Kerry:

Here is a link to the thread I posted over on www.classicglasspars.com on the "Refurbish Of Our
G-3 Skiboat":

www.classicglasspars.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=2&id=23809&Itemid=535

I thought it might help you guys with your refurbish/restorations on your G-3's or any of the other FG Members needing info on this!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6097 guests and no members online