Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Testing the G3's limits

Testing the G3's limits 8 years 7 months ago #114058

Hey Guys,
Just popping in to see what everyone is up to. We took the G3 out on the lake a few nights ago and I thought you guys might enjoy this...

Derek
Well-Worth-It
'60 G3 '65 Merc 650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Testing the G3's limits 8 years 7 months ago #114065

Nice!

Re:Testing the G3's limits 8 years 7 months ago #114159

That looks like fun!!!

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 10 months ago #121996

Well, glad it was your boat and not mine. Good way to get killed I think.

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 10 months ago #121998

Thanks for the video , now I have to work twice as hard to get mine finished and into the water . Its funny how these boats love to jump other boats wakes ,its like the force you to do it.
Hodgify

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 10 months ago #122016

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Cool video, reminds me of the jump glasspar nut did years ago in his g3

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 10 months ago #122018

Wow that was very nearly vertical dude!!!! Awesome air!!!!! :laugh:

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 10 months ago #122444

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Can't see the vid cauz hav dial-up but I can say the old owner of a boat shop told me he raced the g3 in the 60's offshore, once the boat did go vertical. He said he thought it was going over but by luck didn't. Bend over and kiss it goodby if you get too wild. :laugh:

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 10 months ago #122466

Well,...If you have enough horse power you don't need a wake to go vertical!!
:) :) :)
doc F
Attachments:

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #124960

nothing more fun than jumping a wake in a G-3!! Did it with one I bought new in 1960 with a 75 Johnson That I raced for 17 years and now I have this 1960 with a Merc 1000 that runs pretty good (and likes to jump too!!) Don't have a good pic of me jumping a wake

Jim Savage
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #124970

That last jump has you thinking.. Awe sh**..

Stay calm. Move on.

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #125125

Mr. Savage! How have you been and how is that Merc 1000 treating you? Big step up from the 650 and an even bigger step up from the NUT's BIG WHITE ANCHOR!

Best,

Ben

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #125140

Ben, the Merc 1000 loves its G-3!!! (My wife says I am crazy as it runs 56 mph before it gets too squirrely and I have to slow it down!!)
Bought her a 1960 Glasspar Tacomma with a 40 hp Johnson, all original and restored, and she goes only half as fast at 28 mph!!! Heck, back in the day I could almost paddle that fast!!!!

My COPD is getting really bad and I have to limit my activities somewhat, but I still fall in the G-3 seat and giver 'er heck!!!
The pic above is not me driving it at 56 mph, that is friend Bill Wehunt as this was the first test day after swapping the 650 for the 1000 and I had just come home from 9 weeks in hospital with a botched up heart surgery!!! They wouldn't let me drive it!!! But I do drive it now a days!!!

Jim Savage

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #125141

Ben, the Merc 1000 loves its G-3!!! (My wife says I am crazy as it runs 56 mph before it gets too squirrely and I have to slow it down!!)
Bought her a 1960 Glasspar Tacomma with a 40 hp Johnson, all original and restored, and she goes only half as fast at 28 mph!!! Heck, back in the day I could almost paddle that fast!!!!

My COPD is getting really bad and I have to limit my activities somewhat, but I still fall in the G-3 seat and giver 'er heck!!!
The pic above is not me driving it at 56 mph, that is friend Bill Wehunt as this was the first test day after swapping the 650 for the 1000 and I had just come home from 9 weeks in hospital with a botched up heart surgery!!! They wouldn't let me drive it!!! But I do drive it now a days!!!

Jim Savage

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #125142

Jim Savage

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #125143

Jim Savage

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #125144

Jim Savage

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #125145

Jim Savage

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #125146

Am ok. Would like to put it up against Nuts white anchor but we are 3,000 miles apart!!!

Jim Savage

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #125147

Jim Savage

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #125148

Jim Savage

Re:Testing the G3's limits 7 years 7 months ago #125149

Jim Savage
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat