Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value.

Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124202

This is the G-3 from the Glassifieds. Roger is wondering what it's worth and what to ask for a quick sale.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re:Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124215

The price of the G-3's varies greatly from what I have seen.
This members' G-3 looks like it is in very good shape.

I would say anywhere from $4,500.00 up to $6,000.00. He can do a search on E-Bay, Google or Craigslist and get photos of actual G-3's
that are FOR SALE and compare them to his G-3.

Hope that helps some.

Re:Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124218

Here are some examples of ads I found, although they are a little older than the members'
1967 G-3:

orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/5620744884.html?lang=no

In my opinion, this G-3 looks to be a VERY NICE example of an
"original" G-3 that is also in excellent shape. I think this would be on the "higher end" of the price range.

Re:Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124219

Re:Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124221

Thank you. Even though he's desperate to sell I'd hate to see anyone take too much of a bath on something he obviously put a lot of time and love into. He only put a thousand as the price in the ad because it was asking for a number, any number, and he low balled himself. I had it sold at a grand. lol. I'm sure he'll read all this sometime today and correct it. Thanks again. Mark.

Re:Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124234

Firstglassproject wrote:

Thank you. Even though he's desperate to sell I'd hate to see anyone take too much of a bath on something he obviously put a lot of time and love into. He only put a thousand as the price in the ad because it was asking for a number, any number, and he low balled himself. I had it sold at a grand. lol. I'm sure he'll read all this sometime today and correct it. Thanks again. Mark.

Mark:

You are very welcome Sir! As I said above, the prices vary widely on our G-3's as you can see from just the two ads I posted. Your friend has obviously put alot of work into his 67' G-3 and I would say that he could go much higher than $1,000.00.

Re:Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124236

No doubt. He's new and was going through the same problems I had not that long ago with pictures so I believe I quoted him your method and we sort of got it done. He said he's got about 12 thousand invested in it but it must sell and in a hurry. It's tough to set a decent price when you are forced to sell. Have a great night Sir.

Re: Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124311

Anyone- I have more pics to send if you give me a call or email or text.
Must sell. Yes it is very nice almost excellent condition. Made it dependable but fast,fun too. Many extras. It is even better than pics.
I thought I would start at $6000 then deduct a 1,000 (repair), BUT I MUST SELL so please no offer offends. Just fix lower unit and add water.

Re: Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124312

5 thousand is a reasonable number for both parties in the deal. Good luck with it Roger.

Re: Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124313

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I don't think people realize what it cost to do a good boat with that engine,this will be a boat everybody will look back and wish they would have acted on,, I ran one of these for 2 yrs nice ride and fun. Bill
Attachments:

Re: Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124314

I'm sure someone with the money will jump all over it. I would if I could but then I'd have 3 boats I can't use yet. My 1960 Humber is getting the attention this year and should be getting wet in a week or two tops. Next year it's my 1960 G-3 Center Deck. I hope my ends up half as nice as yours Bill.

Re:Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124316

Bill (bilnan1) is right. It does take alot of money to fully restore a Glasspar G-3. And Bill did an EXCELLENT job on his G-3 which is the one in that picture. I saw it personally and it was a top-notch restoration! We actually were at a Glasspar Rally together in Chicago and got to run our boats together on the Chicago River.

Re:Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124321

Sweet. I can't wait to run the Upper Niagara with mine. 5 am, the point of No Return pylon a half mile above the Falls, just a hint of sunrise, the shadow of the Grand Island bridge off in the mist, water like glass sparkling with the reflected lights of Niagara Falls and Buffalo New York whizzing by at 60 plus and hitting the stopwatch as you go under the Peace Bridge. Sigh. I've done it many times in many boats but never in a G-3 at WOT. :)

Re: Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124337

Thanks again. Anyone out there - Know that it can go for less than 5.
When restored it was almost as nice as Bills. But not quite. Was done by Ab Crosby's son in law, the former Hydrodyne builder that now only builds that special ski boat called the Dyne. My boat just been used a little since the rebuild. Must go in one month if possible

Re: Roger Bell's G3. He's unsure of the value. 7 years 9 months ago #124338

Thanks Bill hope this helps me. Bill bought the above boat from me then restored it. Roger
All you guys are great. Keep spreading the word. I owe ya one.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8475 guests and no members online