• Page:

TOPIC: G3 project ?

G3 project ? 7 years 5 months ago #127649

• cosmic12
  • cosmic12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
A friend has had this for years and had to move out of state and lost storage so I am trying to sell it for him. I have tried to post a ad in the glassifieds but for some reason it won't let me.
All the paper work says its a 66 but I guess the center deck indicates its not. He was told it was and that the 1966 60hp Johnson was orig to it. Humm.
Anyway its seems to be all there but will need the usual wood work.
The engine was winterized in 2012 and that's the last time it ran. It was stored in a dry clean barn and shows no sign of critters living in it at all. The engine is clean and looks like it should run.
Whats it worth and where is the best place to advertise it? I would like to keep it but have way to many now and money is tight.
I hate that it now has to sit outside so it needs to go away soon.
Ideas?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:G3 project ? 7 years 5 months ago #127653

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
The engine fired right up and runs great but will need a water pump impeller by the looks of the volume of water coming out.
This will make a great project for someone.

Re:G3 project ? 7 years 5 months ago #127726

Cosmic12:

That looks like a nice G-3.

You can advertise that G-3 FOR SALE on craigslist, or E-Bay. They have good exposure and have listed many other G-3's in the past.
As far as price, it depends on how much the owner needs out of the boat. You can check those websites and see what other G-3 owners are asking for their boats.

Good luck!

Re:G3 project ? 7 years 5 months ago #127798

might help if ya put a location in the add

Re:G3 project ? 7 years 5 months ago #127815

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Sorry there is no ad. I have struck a deal to just keep it myself and I already have it apart trying to rid it of the rotten wood. Just what I needed another project (shaking my head) to take up much needed space and time.
But I just couldn't let it sit outside and get more rotten. He would never have gotten what he wanted for it anyway.
I do have the 60hp short shaft Johnson that was on it that started right up and ran great but will need a pump kit for sale for him as I will not be needing it.
Attachments:

Re:G3 project ? 7 years 5 months ago #128052

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I have been looking through all the old threads on G3's here and have found some interesting mods. I love the V-drives. This hull appears to have had a few attempts at restorations and they were poorly done to say the least.
The transom looks to have been tried a few times but they did retain the curve but nothing of the original glass is there and all that was used was alot of chop mat making it a real mess. It looks like bondo maybe some tiger hair was used in the corners where the sponcens connect and it was packed in there thick. I am so glad I didn't sell this for him as it really isn't what we were told it was,(GO FIGURE).
Anyway I am stuck with it and need to decide where to go from here.
I already have to many outboard projects and really like the looks of the V-drive/inboard. Just a very slick clean look that I would love to do but the cost of doing so is out of reach for me at this time.
So, what I am thinking because I already have the hardware is putting a 1200cc 120hp Jet set up in it. I have looked and found nothing. Anyone ever try this? I know it won't be a popular idea but but this hull is pretty bad and come to find out it maybe a made up center deck also. Many weird things about it so I am not sure I will really be ruining anything by doing this.
I was going to put this power in a 59 Jet Streak but I am thinking it would be easier and more suited to the G3.
Thought's????
Attachments:

Re:G3 project ? 7 years 4 months ago #128994

If you have an interest in selling please contact me

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Thanks

Re:G3 project ? 7 years 4 months ago #129017

FYI sir, the only Center-Deck G-3s were 1958, 59, 60 & 61. If that is a 66 someone added the center deck. All G-3s after 61 were open deck.
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:G3 project ? 7 years 3 months ago #129119

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
At this point all I can go on is the N.Y. registration seeing how the transom has had a very bad repair job and the numbers are gone.
I have the deck off now and it sure looks orig to me. The deck has never been off that is for sure and the center does not look to be a add on.
Attachments:

Re:G3 project ? 7 years 3 months ago #129127

I just redid a 1965 G3 and mine had glass stringers not wood . I was told any g3s made from 65 and up had these glass stringers , also the seat brackets in your G3 were only on earlier models.

Re:G3 project ? 7 years 3 months ago #129206

Gonna say it one more time!!!! NO CENTER-DECK G-3s built after the 1961 model!!

I bought a G-3 center-deck new in 1960 and have another 1960 center deck now! Have had and sold several G-3s in the past. All made after 1961 were open deck with a bit different top cap design!! I have all the brochures on all G-3s.

Your G-3 is a 58, 59, 60 or 61 model.

Jim Savage

Pic of the 1960 I bought new in 1960!! With v-4 75-hp Johnson

1960 I now have with Merc 1000!
Attachments:

Jim Savage
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat