Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels

we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 10 months ago #78922

Take one part G-3, one part 1962 classic Chris Craft Golden Arrow , one part Jersey Speed Skiff, one part 25 years for Bertram Yacht Co. as a key man, and one part vintage boat racer and WHAT DO YOU GET?

Best G-3 Award at the 26th Annual Antique and Classic Boat Show and Festival in St. Michaels, MD on Father's Day, June 16, 2013.

Skip also was awarded for his "longest Haul" as he had brought the boat from Hialeah, FL.

So, a G-3 won two awards at the boat show.

One presented by seabuddy, and judged simply as "Best G-3" on the basis of the one you most want to take home, regards of price and not following A ACBS judging rules scorecard. This boat was “custom”, not a preserved nor a restored boat.

The other Award was given by the show to the boat owner that hauled his boat the furthest to the show.

Foot throttle in a G-3?

www.Seabuddyonboats.com award

Another view of the www.seabuddyonboats.com award given to the Best G-3 at St. Michaels, MD on june 17, 2013. Happy Father's Day Weekend.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 10 months ago #78925

so how many G3s showed up? any pics of them?

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 10 months ago #78936

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ha, At first I thought that was a custom part to fit the boat:) Yeah, Pics of g3's, isn't that the idea here???

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 10 months ago #78952

Sorry, you choose to not celebrate Skip's G-3 effort and what I was trying to do here, which was to have fun in G-3s. No more, no less.

To answer your question, not as many as you directed all of us to look. It showed alot of great boats, plus a bevy of G-3 boats in the water and what looked like a great event in 2009.

This past weekend in St. Michaels, MD, over a three day Classic Boat Show that just closed on Father's Day, we did not have a single G-3 in the water, giving rides.

I just want to keep the hobby going in 2013, 2014, 2015. I want to build on the lore of G-3 boats. I want to add value to my hobby and boats.

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 10 months ago #78974

Three people have mentioned to me openly and in private that the purpose of this forum is to post photos of G-3s.

I have had poor health for the last six years and could not get around to see all the G-3s at all the shows, and frankly, was over-the-top happy to spend my personal time and a few bucks to spread the lore and build on the future of the boat and its popularity in 2013, and hopefully in 2014, as folks see there is a place for them in classic boat shows and we need to get the boats out, both on land and in the water.

As for in-the-water, how else can I get a ride? I do not own a G-3 and they make me feel like I am a healthy teenage boy, not a sick old man. So, I need to make friends and be invited to ride in someone Else's. No one is forced to launch their boats at this show. Static Land displays are welcome. Folks that like to ride their boats have a way to ride in them. Their call.

Frankly, I was surprised that no one offered congrats to Skip.

I really felt like my efforts were welcome here. But, you are telling me that they are not. Thanks, but in 2014, if I am still alive, there will be no G-3 Award offered by me. G-3s can still compete for recognition with all the boats for Best Fiberglass, Best Runabout, Best Outboard, Best Outboard boat, etc.

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 10 months ago #78979

wow....Im confused.....

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 10 months ago #79022

seabuddy wrote:

Three people have mentioned to me openly and in private that the purpose of this forum is post photos of G-3s.

I have had poor health for the last six years and could not get around to see all the G-3s at all the shows, and frankly, was over-the-top happy to spend my personal time and a few bucks to spread the lore and build on the future of the boat and its popularity in 2013, and hopefully in 2014, as folks see there is a place for them in classic boat shows and we need to get the boats out, both on land and in the water.

As for in-the-water, how else can I get a ride? I do not own a G-3 and they make me feel like I am a healthy teenage boy, not a sick old man. So, I need to make friends and be invited to ride in someone Else's. No one is forced to launch their boats at this show. Static Land displays are welcome. Folks that like to ride their boats have a way to ride in them. Their call.

Frankly, I was surprised that no one offered congrats to Skip.

I really felt like my efforts were welcome here. But, you are telling me that they are not. Thanks, but in 2014, if I am still alive, there will be no G-3 Award offered by me. G-3s can still compete for recognition with all the boats for Best Fiberglass, Best Runabout, Best Outboard, Best Outboard boat, etc.

Chris:

Let me be the first member to sincerely CONGRATULATE Skip on winning "Best G-3" at the St. Michaels Boat Show! That is truly a beautiful G-3 he has.

Also,...my sincere thanks to YOU for posting the pictures and results of the show. As I told you in the thread Al Wilson (morris) started on our G-3 winning a "Best Antique Boat" at the Cape Fear Boat Show, we would have been at the St. Michaels Boat Show with you had we not had an unfortunate death in our family.

Additionally, I appreciate and thank you for YOUR efforts to give the award to Skip and bring attention to the G-3 Skiboat. As I had also told you in that other thread, you are MORE THAN WELCOME to ride or drive our 1960 Glasspar G-3 ANYTIME you want to. I would like to invite you to our first East Coast Glasspar Association Event of the year to be held on Saturday July 20th, 2013 at Falls Lake, N.C. right near Raleigh, N.C. We should have several G-3's there at our first event along with some other Glasspar Models.
It would be GREAT if you could make it Chris. I think you know Al Wilson (morris) and he will be there with his family as well.

Again,....my sincere thanks to YOU for the coverage of the St. Michaels Event and your work and efforts to bring attention to our Glasspar G-3 Skiboats!

Thank you Chris!

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 10 months ago #79035

I' m in for Fall's Lake, NC, July 20,2013! Thanks for the invite.

It's about a 5 hour drive each way, so I will need to get myself a moderate-priced, clean motel room for Friday night and Saturday night. My health is such that I am better off doing the drive on a non-show day down and back. Any ideas?

I want to see your boat. My G-3s were always white with a small accent stripe. Will it be at the show?

Anything www.seabuddyonboats.com can do to publishize the event? Send me some photos and details several weeks out. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 10 months ago #79051

seabuddy wrote:

I' m in for Fall's Lake, NC, July 20,2013! Thanks for the invite.

It's about a 5 hour drive each way, so I will need to get myself a moderate-priced, clean motel room for Friday night and Saturday night. My health is such that I am better off doing the drive on a non-show day down and back. Any ideas?

I want to see your boat. My G-3s were always white with a small accent stripe. Will it be at the show?

Anything www.seabuddyonboats.com can do to publishize the event? Send me some photos and details several weeks out. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Chris:

Thanks for your reply Sir!

I am SO GLAD to hear you can make our event at Falls Lake, N.C.
I will be posting a thread on the Fiberglassics S.E. Area Events but will also e-mail you the details too. And yes, we will have our 1960 Glasspar G-3 there along with our 1960 Glasspar Seafair Sedan. There will be two other members from our ECGOA that will also be bringing their G-3's. Chris,...as I told you in the other thread, you can drive our G-3 if you want to. We will have our boats in the water at this event and will cruise this lake with the boats.

It would be great if you could publish the event on your site also. Thank you for that Sir!

I will get you some motel info for the event too.

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 10 months ago #79132

Sounds like a fun event. Glad to having an opportunity to meet and greet with some Glasspar boat owners.

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 10 months ago #79141

seabuddy wrote:

Sounds like a fun event. Glad to having an opportunity to meet and greet with some Glasspar boat owners.

Looking forward to meeting you Chris!

I also sent pictures and information to your e-mail so you can post the event on your website if you want to.

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79319

Where is the Fall's Lake, NC, July 20,2013 posting on this board? Classic fiberglass other than Glasspar OK?

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79340

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Chris, John posted it on the FGSE regional forum. Pictures and directions. Sometimes you have to click on FiberGlassics@Forums at the top of the page twice to get the regional forums to show up at the bottom. And yes another classic is always welcome.
Al

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79358

Home
News
Research
Calendar
Gallery
Forums
Glassic Library
Glassifieds
Club Store

where do I click twice?

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79360

got it.
Attachments:

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79389

Someone say that knows that is the park and ramp for the event, please.

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79394

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Chris that is the place.

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79399

thanks.

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79405

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79411

seabuddy wrote:

Check to see if I have it correct here, pleas... www.seabuddyonboats.com/boat-travel/run-your-classic-fiberglass-boat-with-friends/

Chris:

I just looked at the link on your website and it looks GREAT Sir!
You did an excellent job, everything looks correct and my thanks to you for posing it up there. It would be great if some of your wood boat members could make it there too. Any brand boat is more than welcome, old or new, wood or fiberglass.

I am looking forward to taking some pictures of YOU driving our 1960 Glasspar G-3! This is a real nice area for boating and I know that all in attendance will have a great time.

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79425

Glad I got it right.

Now let us see if we can get some folks to join us.

Do we want to put a e-mail address in the write-up if folks need more info?

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79455

seabuddy wrote:

Glad I got it right.

Now let us see if we can get some folks to join us.

Do we want to put a e-mail address in the write-up if folks need more info?

Chris:

I will send you an e-mail with an address for your website.

Thanks!

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79481

This is an open to all classic boats, wood or glass event. Any brand will be welcome. Seabuddy and all the others just want to have fun with our classic boats and enjoy the company of others with similar interests. So, come along for a fun day! OK, Seabuddy is coming far enough that he is driving down a day early and driving back a day later... but that is his decision. Make yours to fit you, but come along for the thrill of boating in some great boats.

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79554

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Ponyboy wrote:

wow....Im confused.....

Jeff,I'm glad i'm not the only one, I do get it but thread wasn't explained fully/clear at the start imo. Might as well keep this thread going for a few months more cause it seems everyone has there g3 restored and running so no help needed with a rebuild?

also from old forum home page;
PURPOSE:
1. Promote the original preservation and restoration of the Glasspar G-3 boat as part of boating history.
2. Exchange information. Some owners know everything. Others only discovered their boat is a classic

I think 'seabuddy' should have included this info in begining post, brings the thread into focus?

""I have had poor health for the last six years and could not get around to see all the G-3s at all the shows, and frankly, was over-the-top happy to spend my personal time and a few bucks to spread the lore and build on the future of the boat and its popularity in 2013, and hopefully in 2014, as folks see there is a place for them in classic boat shows and we need to get the boats out, both on land and in the water.

As for in-the-water, how else can I get a ride? I do not own a G-3 and they make me feel like I am a healthy teenage boy, not a sick old man. So, I need to make friends and be invited to ride in someone Else's. No one is forced to launch their boats at this show. Static Land displays are welcome. Folks that like to ride their boats have a way to ride in them. Their call.""

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79617

So, you want me to move on.

First, you do not want to attend the St. Michaels Show.

Second, you do not want to see any write-ups about what went on at the Show and only are interested in how many boats showed up.

Third, you are not interested in any talking up another show that is focused on using classic fiberglass boats.

Fourth, putting a boat in the water; fresh, brackish, or salt in 2013, 2014, or 2015 is a no-no with you. Such a use... is not an "acceptable" use of the these boats in your opinion.

Fifth, you do not want to celebrate all things Glasspar G-3, stock, restored, modified, or custom.

Sixth, OK, you own the board, not me, ban me.

Seventh, I run and own... www.seabuddyonboats.com

Eighth, my real name, e-mail address, and phone number is plainly posted for all to see on several of my posts.

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79631

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Don't be so thin skinned, all input and aspects of g3 boating is good imo. I'm just wondering why there isn't more input from others either starting new threads or answering. I see this lately on most forums, dont know why, maybe no money to repair the g3's or take them out? Any thoughts.... For me its lack of time and money to get the motor, floor, and interior right. I need a Beer:)

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79638

I wish I knew.

I was told by more than a few G-3 owners that there are no new, tier 2 or 3 EPA legal motors that drive the boat well, unless one changes the boat's transom or uses a jsck plate to fit a long shaft onto a short shaft boat.

Some want a new motor to satisfy family demands (wife); some want a true restoration with correct year motor that matches the boat model year. Some only want numbers matching engine, boat, and trailer to the original sales invoice. I value all of these ideas.

Re:we have a winner best G-3 Award St. Michaels 10 years 9 months ago #79650

Here is how one person addressed the engine issue, but it is not on a G-3, so I posted it here... www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/home/main-forum/two-stroke-cowl-hides-4-stroke-new-outboad-under

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7244 guests and no members online