Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: No jack plate 50 Hp, It is a short shaft engine.

No jack plate 50 Hp, It is a short shaft engine. 10 years 6 months ago #84749

read more here... www.seabuddyonboats.com/motors-and-power/short-shaft-50-hp-outboards-and-a-sneak-peek/

That that I mind a jack plate. It makes a G-3 Glasspar run better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:No jack plate 50 Hp, It is a short shaft engine. 10 years 6 months ago #84800

Thanks for the info on that short shaft "Tohatsu" 50 Chris!

I wish they would have had that when I was looking for a new outboard for our 1960 G-3.

But,....I still like my "Bob's Machine Hydraulic Jackplate" and am not sure I wouldn't have used it anyway.

Re:No jack plate 50 Hp, It is a short shaft engine. 10 years 6 months ago #84876

I love how your jackplate adds to the control, fun, and usefulness of your G-3.

Hey, you got me in the boat on a lake and showed what and how it did amazing things.

Sometimes I think it is too bad that others do not have a chance to see what can be done within the world of classic boating.

Re:No jack plate 50 Hp, It is a short shaft engine. 10 years 6 months ago #84885

seabuddy wrote:

I love how your jackplate adds to the control, fun, and usefulness of your G-3.

Hey, you got me in the boat on a lake and showed what and how it did amazing things.

Sometimes I think it is too bad that others do not have a chance to see what can be done within the world of classic boating.

Thanks Chris!

Yeah, I was SO GLAD you came to our Falls Lake, N.C. Event and got to drive one of your favorite classic boats,...the Glasspar G-3!
I want to thank you again for coming and for all the help you gave us in getting the word out on the event Chris.

BTW,....you looked great behind the wheel of that Red G-3 too! LOL!
Attachments:

Re:No jack plate 50 Hp, It is a short shaft engine. 10 years 6 months ago #84895

That photo is second to me only to my wedding photo.

Re:No jack plate 50 Hp, It is a short shaft engine. 10 years 6 months ago #84896

• VinTin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
seabuddy wrote:

read more here... www.seabuddyonboats.com/motors-and-power/short-shaft-50-hp-outboards-and-a-sneak-peek/

That that I mind a jack plate. It makes a G-3 Glasspar run better.

Looks to be a great motor and with a 23A alternator, too. It's a shame more short shaft models aren't available. I'm running a 1957 35hp Johnson on a 58 Feathercraft Vagabond and though it's period correct I'd love to give the 50 Tohatsu a try. 35hp was measured at the power head and the 50HP at the prop, from my understanding my 35hp loses 10 to 13% if measured at the prop.

Re:No jack plate 50 Hp, It is a short shaft engine. 10 years 6 months ago #84898

What is cool about that MD50 Tohatsu... is its also a direct injection 2-stroke, meaning you should have a much better hole shot than the equivalent 50 hp 4-stroke... and lighter than a 4-stroke.

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:No jack plate 50 Hp, It is a short shaft engine. 10 years 6 months ago #84928

The brand is coming out with a 4-stroke next spring, too. Pay your money and take your choice.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6138 guests and 2 members online