Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I love my Homelite

I love my Homelite 11 years 10 months ago #61577

Took the boat out with my $100 Homelite and trolled for 5 hours and only use less then a 1/4 of a tant We did get 2 fish. No pix of the motor today but a pic of one fish and a beach shot
Mike aka the pirate
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:I love my Homelite 11 years 10 months ago #61578

Nice fish. Striped bass? I can hardley wait to finish my boat. Fishing-that's what it's about.

Re:I love my Homelite 11 years 10 months ago #61597

No not a striper was waiting to see how many would think it was one. Its a Wiper a cross between a striper and a white bass. 2 yars ago a guy got one out here that went 25lbs.
Mike aka the pirate

Re:I love my Homelite 11 years 10 months ago #61600

• 4stroke
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I hate mine, all 239lbs of it. I never get to change plugs because of fouling, no smoke and I have to use stabill cause I can't seem to burn enough fuel out of the twelve gallon tank. No more kickers, trolling plates, or sea anchors. It really sucks having to just concentrate on fishing now with that heavy, reliable, gas miser POS hanging on the back of my boat. I'm dreading the next boring outing.

Mike, this is the correct way to describe how these run to assure there will be more $100 Homelite's in the future! :)

Dick Johnson

1989 16ft Sylvan

'57 Evinrude 18 (finally found a decent one)
'58 Johnson 5.5
'72 Johnson 6.0
'61 Homelite
'64 Johnson 18
'65 Homelite 55
'66 Homelite 55
'68 Bearcat 55 (3)
'70 Bearcat 55 (2)
'71 Bearcat 85 (Sold)

Re:I love my Homelite 11 years 10 months ago #61602

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
4stroke wrote:

Mike, this is the correct way to describe how these run to assure there will be more $100 Homelite's in the future! :)

in that case... ALL BOATS AND MOTORS ARE RUBBISH. they're awful. they ruin marraiges, encourage bugs and other wildlife to move on to your property, get you laughed at by all of your friends and, worst of all, take up room in your garage/shop that would be other occupied by a WORTHY project, like, umm... something non-boatish. quick! find your closest fiberglassics member to get help ridding yourself of these hellish things!

*hope this works*

in other news, glad to see you got out on the water mike. looks like i may find myself in the market for one of those motors they're that efficient and only $100 =)

Re:I love my Homelite 11 years 10 months ago #61625

• 4stroke
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
riceman wrote:

in that case... ALL BOATS AND MOTORS ARE RUBBISH. they're awful. they ruin marraiges, encourage bugs and other wildlife to move on to your property, get you laughed at by all of your friends and, worst of all, take up room in your garage/shop that would be other occupied by a WORTHY project, like, umm... something non-boatish. quick! find your closest fiberglassics member to get help ridding yourself of these hellish things!

*hope this works*

in other news, glad to see you got out on the water mike. looks like i may find myself in the market for one of those motors they're that efficient and only $100 =)

That was "prefect" riceman! B)

Dick Johnson

1989 16ft Sylvan

'57 Evinrude 18 (finally found a decent one)
'58 Johnson 5.5
'72 Johnson 6.0
'61 Homelite
'64 Johnson 18
'65 Homelite 55
'66 Homelite 55
'68 Bearcat 55 (3)
'70 Bearcat 55 (2)
'71 Bearcat 85 (Sold)

Re:I love my Homelite 11 years 10 months ago #61725

Ok then I payed to much for this motor and can't afford a 1/4 of gas for 5 hours trolling
Dam but I just got to say I love this motor so far. Top end is not so good because I have a low picth prop on it. Only 18mph GPS.
Mike aka the pirate

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)