Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: OMC V4 timing

OMC V4 timing 3 years 8 months ago #142874

Can anyone outline the procedure for timing a 1962 DU-10S V-4 ? Has a dual-point, automotive style distributor, cogged timing belt and #1 is clearly marked on the distributor cap. #1 cylinder is front /top right when viewed from back. The firing order is evident as each spark plug wire is marked....1,2,3,4. How many degrees advance at TDC? I can't find any marks or anything on the flywheel or inside the distributor to indicate when the rotor is exactly at #1 electrode.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OMC V4 timing 3 years 8 months ago #142959

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Brent. sorry for the late answer.
It's been a long time since I worked on those but if I recall there are maybe three notches that have to line up for the correct timing. The marks are on the brackets holding the dist. and one of the marks is not on the flywheel but under it? but visible close to where the bracket mounts. I know there are pictures on this site somewhere and they will be in this JEGO forum but a few years back. Do a search and I'll also see what I can find. That hidden mark is probably gunked up.
Later......I think this is it.
www.fiberglassics.com/forum/search.html?query=v4%20timing&searchuser=63%20sabre&exactname=1&searchdate=all&searchatdate=07/27/2020&childforums=1&catids=18

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)