Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need help identifying mtg bracket (circa 1965)

Need help identifying mtg bracket (circa 1965) 3 years 2 months ago #143916

I have a mystery bracket that was on my 1965 Slickcraft SS160. It was mounted on the starboard side of the bow deck / gunwale just in front of the windshield real close to the edge.

My best guess is a mounting bracket from a spot light or possibly an antennae but not being positive I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

As the picture sits, the post was closest to the bow and the flat section with the fasteners of the base trailed behind toward the transom. The center portion on top does pivot and lift up as if to swing down in the current position like a latch.

My long term goal is to identify then find the missing portion to put it back to original. In order to do this I need to figure exactly what it is!

Thanks in advance for helping identify.

Gus
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Solved - help identifying mtg bracket (circa 1965) 3 years 2 months ago #143920

Good News! I think I found it - a lot of searching and pointed in the right direction, it appears to be an Attwood Sea Scope spotlight. I found a few other online images of slickcraft SS boats with the same mount and discovered it was a light then found the light details nowhere other than in the fiberglassics forum! It was posted 10 years ago, but appreciate the information after a lengthy search.

Attwood Sea Scope Search Light:

photo credit to original post by thetudor:

fiberglassics.com/forum/main-forum/22414-attwood-spotlight.html

Thanks for all the views and glad I found it (well, what it is not the actual light).

Gus
Attachments:

Need help identifying mtg bracket (circa 1965) 3 years 2 months ago #143922

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Cool. I literally was just trying to figure that out. I was thinking the clip allowed for removal, but I was thinking the cord slack. Now I can see you can remove for hand held. I knew I was wrong when I thought the light stem fit in the hole and knew then the cord idea was wrong. I wonder if that still can have that dash control knob with cord to move the aiming from the driver seat in addition to being able to hand hold it with the removable bracket. Is there a modern light like that available now? I would dig using one like that!

Dr.Go!

Need help identifying mtg bracket (circa 1965) 3 years 2 months ago #143924

Dr. Go, you mean like this? It's the Nautalite that came off my Seafair. The cable actuator is shot but the light is still super cool. Might be able to repair the function.
Attachments:

Need help identifying mtg bracket (circa 1965) 3 years 2 months ago #143925

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
That was the cable control concept I was talking about. It looks like your hinged back bracket also controls up and down aiming... pretty cool and functional. I like both types, but I can see where the removable one allows for even more coverage. It would seem that based on the era these were produced that boat typically would run in the 30 to 40 ish mph range. Does anyone think these would stay in place when running 60 to 70 mph? I am afraid if it came loose, it would be a projectile that could break windshield or break my nose or knock out teeth lol.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'