Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help identifying this boat please

Help identifying this boat please 3 years 1 month ago #144037

I just bought a 1972 ????? fiberglass boat PROJECT. There are no markings anywhere on the boat to identify who the manufacturer is or any of the specifications.
What I've leaned about it so far is that it's 20 feet LOA & 7'10" beam. It has an OMC V6 I/O. Two fuel tanks, one on either side port/starboard (Unknow sizes). A small cuddy cabin, and it looks like it once had a hard top over the helm area. It looks a lot like the Fiberform's from the early 70's and the title even lists it as a "Fiberf", but there are a few differences that make me doubt it is a fiberform.

The engine might not be original, it shows 406 hours on the hobbs meter and looks to be in really good shape. It turned over right away and probably would have run, but it's winter here so I asked the previous owner not to try to start it. We put a battery in it to make sure the engine would tilt, and it worked perfectly.

I think it might be a much older boat than listed on the title. What makes me suspect that is there are some obvious areas where there has been work done to modify it a little and the engine is in suspiciously good shape compared to the outdrive. The vin on the title is also a state issued replacement vin, so tracking it down through that won't work.

Any help you can be identifying this boat would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help identifying this boat please 3 years 1 month ago #144038

I was going to say it looks like a Larson era Glasspar Seafair Sedan, but then I saw the settee with table, lamp, cooking surface...It's definitely different. Seems like there must have been some kind of top over the dining area at some point. Interested what others think.

Help identifying this boat please 3 years 1 month ago #144042

Yes, it definitely has that look. I love that style too. You can tell there was a hard top originally. I plan on making a new one. Looking forward to digging into this project when it warms up.

Thanks for your response.

Help identifying this boat please 3 years 1 month ago #144044

You know what, Todd? on second thought after looking around the web I'd say that is definitely a Fiberform. All their small 20' cabin cruisers have the same dinette and kitchenette outside, and as you noted you are just missing the hardtop. The lines are unmistakable. Cool boat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd in Wyoming

Help identifying this boat please 3 years 4 weeks ago #144047

Yuppp,...Fiberform
doc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd in Wyoming

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)