Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Glastron 143 Restoration - Help!

Glastron 143 Restoration - Help! 3 years 2 weeks ago #144223

Hi am in the process of restoring a Glastron 143 to its former glory! Already replaced the transom and the internal floor and looking now to sort out the re spray and engine restoration. I do want to replace the split windows because one is cracked. This seems to be an issue due to the curves and change in diameter. Ideally id find a straight replacement from an old boat then polish it up but cant seem to find any. Ive added some pics if anyone has any inspiration or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!
Measurements are:
A 45 cm
B 50cm
C 40cm
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Glastron 143 Restoration - Help! 3 years 2 weeks ago #144236

• DPA
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The most important part is the windshield frame which you do have. Wrap the curved plexi sections in paper so that you can trace the shape and transfer it to flat sheet of replacement material. If the new material doesn't want to conform to the curves you can add a little heat to help with the bends.

Your Jetflite is a V-143. The Jetflite 143 was the flat bottom predecessor (1961-1963) to the V bottom V-143 (1964-1971).

Glastron 143 Restoration - Help! 3 years 1 week ago #144316

Hey ollieg!

I wish I could help but it looks like DPA gave some good advice.

I actually had a question about your transom replacement. Did you do this yourself? And if so, how much work and/or how much did it cost you?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7057 guests and one member online