Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fiberglass canoe...built in Tomahawk,@ H-D factory

Fiberglass canoe...built in Tomahawk,@ H-D factory 2 years 10 months ago #144564

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone would have an interest in a canoe I recently acquired ? It is fiberglass and needs repairs. It is very light. It say's Harley-Davidson Unlimited on it. I was told by the person I received it from, that it was a proto-type built by the HD factory (in Tomahawk, WI.), after the Tomahawk Boat factory was acquired by HD. Or it was a proto-type built by Tomahawk boat (before the HD acquisition ). I would like to see it go to someone that is into preserving it's history. I can be reached at 715-966-1166 (cell), Thanks, Red Ingman, Tomahawk, WI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fiberglass canoe...built in Tomahawk,@ H-D factory 2 years 10 months ago #144570

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
That sounds interesting. Did you look up on a google search for a contact person from the National Antique Outboard Motor show at Sara Park in Tomahawk the first weekend of August? If nobody calls to buy it before the show, those people may have more information and maybe someone local would want to preserve it and maybe even display it. Certainly that show would be a good place to put it up for sale as they typically have about a dozen boats for sale each year. Maybe even someone at your local chamber of commerce could let you know if their is any interest on their end to preserve this local history. I would think if it has the Harley name plate in there, then it must have at least been authorized by them. I know there are several members who have or have had the Tomahawk runabouts. I have personally never seen the canoe. People love to see pictures, so if you could post a couple, that would be great. Good luck. I will try to find a link and see if I can post it later. www.aomci.org/event/tomahawk-nationals-2/

Dr.Go!

Fiberglass canoe...built in Tomahawk,@ H-D factory 2 years 9 months ago #144789

Just an FYi - The Tomahawk show will be during the first week of August this year and not the first weekend. Not sure why....!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)