Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do you recogize this boat?

Do you recogize this boat? 2 years 10 months ago #144829

I picked this 17’ plus boat up a few weeks ago because it had a unique style and also because it was really cheap. The boat has no manufacturer’s names or serial numbers and I could not match it up to any photos in the fiberglassics library but from the style, I could tell it was late 1950’s or early 60’s. Luckily it has an old Oregon registration and so the OR Marine Board was able to identify it as a 1959 18’ Fiberfab.
But the mystery continues because I can’t find anything about Fiberfab boats on the internet, just some replica car bodies built by Fiberfab in the 1960’s and 70’s and I don’t know if this is even the same company. I like the style and the fact that it is very beamy and seems to be well built with the exception of the cheesy side windows which are hinged along the top and just hang down and swing open like a pet door. Also the plexiglass windshield is just held in place by screws all along the perimeter without any sort of rubber seal. I don’t know if these windows are factory installed or just some quick fix over the decades. The boat is powered by a 70 HP mercury.
Has anyone ever heard of Fiberfab boats or seen one similar to this?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do you recogize this boat? 2 years 10 months ago #144838

I have no idea but it looks cool!

Bob

Do you recogize this boat? 2 years 9 months ago #144860

Very interesting boat. Never have come across one like it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7544 guests and one member online