Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: False Classified Ad

False Classified Ad 2 years 6 months ago #145501

Name: Gail Covington McBride
Email: gailcovington1@gmail
Hello,
We are selling our 1959 Herters big fin boat and matching 1957 DeSoto on Classic Cars. A potential buyer who only wanted the buy the car has lifted photos and information about our boat and posted it for sale on this site, unbeknownst to us. He is not the owner of the boat. I have written to the site and have asked them to remove the ad but have not received a reply. How do I get this fraudulent Ad removed from classifieds. I want to place the pair on classifieds but not until this bogus Ad is removed. I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks!
Gail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

False Classified Ad 2 years 6 months ago #145511

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
My guess is that your boat was hijacked by boats-from-usa.com/ They do it all the time. Apparently, they also have "operatives" who inquire about a boat, have the owner send a description and photos and everything is then posted on their site. Naturally, the guy who inquired is never heard from again...It's been done to me several times. However, it's impossible for anyone to contact the seller through their site. You fill out the form and your inquiry goes nowhere. In some of their ads, you can see where people have asked questions several years ago...no answer. Obviously, this is some kind of scam to collect advertisers, or so I would assume. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

False Classified Ad 2 years 6 months ago #145574

Thanks for the reply, Nautilus. In this case it was a potential buyer who had been in contact with me who only wanted to buy my car and didn't inform me that he was advertising my boat---something he did not own. Since I plan to place my own real classified AD on the site for my DeSoto and Herters pair I think it would be confusing for a potential buyer -- besides it pisses me off!

False Classified Ad 2 years 6 months ago #145579

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Nice matching pair. Love the Herters and Mopar.
I along with Jan have sold a few boats, he's too top end for me but for my low end models I've had good luck on craigslist as long as you don't give your phone number so serious inquires have to go through the craigs site. I also like Facebook marketplace where you can be in direct contact with a buyer. Here's a Herters I rebuilt many years ago and sold for $5500. It was recently up for sale on craigslist for $15,000. Little too steep for me now.
Good luck.
Attachments:

False Classified Ad 1 year 9 months ago #146879

gailnjimi wrote: Thanks for the reply, Nautilus. In this case it was a potential buyer who had been in contact with me who only wanted to buy my car and didn't inform me that he was advertising my boat---something he did not own. Since I plan to place my own real classified AD on the site for my DeSoto and Herters pair I think it would be confusing for a potential buyer -- besides it pisses me off!

There are a few interesting articles about Kennedy craft boats, I suggest you review them.
https://boatkinds.com/kennedy-craft-boats-for-sale/

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6141 guests and one member online