TOPIC: R.I.P. Allan R. Sande, Sr.

R.I.P. Allan R. Sande, Sr. 1 year 11 months ago #146518

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 111
Copied from today's Kitsap Sun:

Allan R. Sande, Sr.

It is with great sadness, we announce the passing of Allan R. Sande, Sr., on March 20, 2022, at 94 years old. Allan was born to Reuel and Clara Sande in Seattle in 1927.

When he was a young boy, his family moved to Tahuya, and he lived the rest of his life in the Belfair area. In 1945, he joined the US Navy and proudly served in the Pacific for four years. Upon leaving the Navy, Allan, his father and brother, Orrin started Sande Boat Works on the North Shore of the Hood Canal. It was there that they built and sold boats to Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, the local community, and patrons up and down the Pacific Coast. Along with larger boats, they built and sold the popular Sande Ace - a boat still occasionally seen cruising around the waters of Hood Canal. In 1960, Sande Boat Works moved to Belfair, where the business turned from building to selling and repairing boats and motors until they sold the company in 1979.

In 1950, Allan married his sweetheart, Beatrice (Duval), whom he enjoyed life with for 72 incredible years. Allan and Bea remained in the Belfair area, where he enjoyed spending time with his family and friends and traveling when they could. They spent a large part of their retirement traveling in their RV to areas such as New Orleans, Texas, Florida, and Baja, Mexico. The highlight of their travels was a trip to Norway to visit relatives in the 80s. An avid outdoorsman, Allan enjoyed hunting, fishing, and boating and his experience as a boat builder preordained him as an excellent craftsman and teacher. He was always willing and eager to assist his children with their home projects and share his knowledge and expertise with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Allan and Bea were very devoted and dedicated to their church, Christ Lutheran Church in Belfair, where they were charter members. Allan had many accomplishments he was proud of but being the foreman and having an instrumental role in constructing the church itself, in the late 70’s, was one of his prouder accomplishments.

Allan is survived by his beautiful bride, Bea, their three children Allan Jr. (Susan), Ron (Karen), and Allison (Tim), eight grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren.

A celebration of life ceremony is going to be held at Christ Lutheran Church, 3701 NE North Shore Road in Belfair on Sunday, May 1st at 2:00 pm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

R.I.P. Allan R. Sande, Sr. 1 year 11 months ago #146521

The Sande's Model Ace came in several sizes, and continue to be popular today.
I am attaching some pictures of the Sande's Ace.
Several are recently made from the original plans, some are originals that have been restored.
Cool little boats!!!
doc

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ed-mc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)

noimage
03-17-2024

Thunderbird Apache 1956 hardtop
( / Boats)