• Page:

TOPIC: Last minute winterization

Last minute winterization 1 year 5 months ago #147365

• Dr.Go!
  • Dr.Go!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Am I the only one who finished winterizing one day before a 40 degree drop in temperatures and snow? If only I moved further south to stretch this boating season.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dr.Go!

Last minute winterization 1 year 5 months ago #147370

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Ya know there are always those who are hoping for one last run. Temps around here are in the 20s now so I guess ya done good.
Engine looks pretty clean, are you sure you are using it>?

Last minute winterization 1 year 5 months ago #147371

Hey Cal,

That old Merc is clean, and Mark keeps it running fine.

Minocqua June 2022

Mama Mia! put up for the winter, leaves picked up and snow on the ground here already. Time to hang the Christmas lights.

Thanks,
Terry
Attachments:

Last minute winterization 1 year 5 months ago #147377

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
The original owner kept that motor in clean shape. Now my turn to take care of while I have the opportunity. I think that one picture shows Terry’s feet with him relaxing while the Merc Tower gets a little exercise… that was a great weekend and fun run with all of those other amazing variety of old boats and classics! Hope lots of people can make that event next year.

Dr.Go!

Last minute winterization 1 year 5 months ago #147380

Looks good, haven't even thought about winterization....oh wait that's becasue I don't have to! LOL

Yeah I know, shut up Bob!

Last minute winterization 1 year 5 months ago #147383

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I hear ya’ Bob. You are simply stating facts. I used to love snowmobiling, so never minded switching sports and always did my mechanical wrenching on opposite season equipment… I retired from snowmobiling in recent years, so use my winters to catch up on getting boat stuff done over winter like restoring the trailer in that picture… I need to get off the couch more and into the garage as there is still plenty of other boat motors to work on for another project or 2. Time is flying and I need to get some things accomplished. If I lived in year round boating country, I think I would have to get rid of those projects and just go boating more often with just one boat. At least I figured out a few years back that I have to at least keep one boat running so I don’t miss a season on the water.

Dr.Go!

Last minute winterization 1 year 5 months ago #147385

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Mark, loved the pics from this past summer.
Wish I could make some of those meets but the homefront situation prohibits it. Since giving up boating now almost two years I really don't miss it...much. Waits at the ramp, wind, cold at times. You need perfect weather and those are becoming hard to come by.
Maybe in the future I will be able to attend some of those shows and you can give this old fart a ride.
I do miss the fishing part of it though. Can't leave the house too often to even sit on the dock.

Last minute winterization 1 year 5 months ago #147386

Having a rough time getting to one of the project boats I got just to flip. We had a bad wind storm here a few weeks ago and it took out a 100 foot tree next to my house and really couldn't get to this boat. Now that we have most of this cleaned up I can get to it but It is so damn cold and there is snow on everything, I really don't want to deal with it now lol. It is suppose to warm up this next week into the 40s, I will get to it then and get the motor winterized and the boat covered. Got lucky the tree just missed this boat but I kind of wish we hadn't already winterized and stored the bass boat, It was parked right next to this one and would have been a nice addition to the insurance claim we had to make.

Attachments:

Last minute winterization 1 year 5 months ago #147387

Holy crap, yeah that was a close one!

I do admit I miss the snowmobiling but I don't miss driving in it or shoveling it!

Bob

Last minute winterization 1 year 5 months ago #147390

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Sure glad nobody was hurt with that big tree! Also could have taken boat and house. That is too close for comfort! Cal - I hear you my friend. We will stay in touch. I am realizing more every day that any decent day on the water with family and friends is a wonderful moment in time. Lost 4 close family members and a close friend late this year, so haven’t been here much trying to get the wind back in my sails. Most people on this site likely know that isn’t easy after losses. I use boat work in the garage for the distraction. Hope for great health and happiness to all who are doing their boat thing as we all navigate life.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted