Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Whitehouse boat emblem

Whitehouse boat emblem 1 year 1 month ago #147666

Hello fellow glassic enthusiasts. I need to find a Whitehouse emblem for a 1958 Whitehouse Apache I am restoring . I live in Spokane WA phone 509-994-5789. Thank you, Chuck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Whitehouse boat emblem 1 year 2 weeks ago #147746

Chuck, I have one here in Australia – not the first place you would look to find one!
I will get a price to mail it through the post, taped to something solid so it can't break. Needs a cleanup and polish but is the same size and not corroded or pitted. It would clean up well. Give me a few days and I'll get back to you.
Ken

Whitehouse boat emblem 1 year 1 week ago #147789

Chuck, here are 3 pics, wired to 5-ply so it cannot get bent. Check your mail on this site under 'private messages', I sent you a PM.
Ken
Attachments:

Whitehouse boat emblem 1 year 5 days ago #147803

Hi Ken, thanks for responding. . I have no idea of the procedure and cost to mail something like that from Australia to United States. Don’t know if it would be worth it. Got a person right here in town with a very rough boat that he says he wants to restore or will sell me the whole boat for $300. The boat is garbage and I’d have to pay to dispose of it just to get the logos. Some people think they are sitting on a gold mine… Chuck

Whitehouse boat emblem 1 year 5 days ago #147807

Hi Chuck,
Did you not get my PM giving details? Here's the rub, not difficult:
I package it carefully, address it and take it to the post office, pay them $A31.10 ($US 21.00) and it is delivered to your door. That is the P.O. cost (not negotiable).
I want $A50 (($US34) for it. This wouldn't even cover the time for me to mount it to plywood, pack sensibly and take it to the P.O.
The current exchange rate I used above is in your favor, and could change (I work in $A). All-up cost to you around $US55.

I searched and found numerous similar emblems, both asking prices and 'sold' prices in the US to check – I think my asking price is quite reasonable, but that is for you to decide. To me it is an inexpensive 'finishing touch' to a fiberglassic which has had a lot of work already put into it.

I am certainly not sitting on gold (and I hope that comment was not directed to me) but I merely offered a solution for your missing part, to a fellow enthusiast. Like everything, there are costs involved.
I wanted one emblem too, and had to pay for a pair, including postage, to get them (more than I am asking).
Ken

Whitehouse boat emblem 1 year 5 days ago #147813

Hi Ken, that sounds real reasonable, thanks. How do we make this work? Did you want to text me and help me figure out how to make this happen or how do I private message through Fiberglassics? In my last text I was simply referring to someone local basically wanting me to take garbage off his hands for $300 simply for one emblem. Chuck

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)