Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1958 Skagit 16 Botched Restoration

1958 Skagit 16 Botched Restoration 7 months 2 weeks ago #148396

I live in the Seattle, Wa area and found a boat repair in Pt. Townsend. At first it went well, they fixed the transom & deck including repainting. The problems started when I found out they were declaring bankruptcy. Luckily, the new owners let me take possession of my boat. However, they apparently rebuilt the transom bigger than the original design. The top does not fit the bottom anymore. Is there a source out there to fix this? I'm still hoping to get this beauty on the water. Thanks, Cheryl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1958 Skagit 16 Botched Restoration 7 months 2 weeks ago #148397

So my 2 cents would be it would have to be redone or cut and glass work on the top to make it fit. Either way it's going to need glass work done. If I were going to make it thicker I would have had it extend into the inside and glass it in. It looks like they stacked it toward the outside without checking to make sure the topside fit. Someone with more glass experience can jump in here.

Bob

1958 Skagit 16 Botched Restoration 7 months 1 day ago #148442

Beautiful color on on your boat! I think that will require removing an upside-down triangular section from the corners, pushing the transom forward and the sides inward (if either is even possible...might require more cutting to free them for movement), and re-glassing inside and out. I'm glad you were able to keep your boat out of the hands of their creditors and also didn't have to pay for this mistake twice.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)