Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Great NBR video, starts a boat related topic..

Great NBR video, starts a boat related topic.. 14 years 1 month ago #2426

• classicfins
  • classicfins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
know this is nbr, but I also know lots of us love old cars. This is a great video of an 89 year old woman and her Mercury Comet she bought new and still drives today with over 540,000 miles on it.

How many of us still have an old glassic that we bought new or has been in our family for years? Let's hear about them! I have this 1967 Lonestar Flamingo that I bought from my uncle (for $225!) about 5 years ago. He bought it in '67 and it still has the horn and boarding ladder that my father had on his boat when he went on his first date with my mother.

growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/romancing-the-road-259598.html

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Great NBR video, starts a boat related topic.. 14 years 1 month ago #2433

Doug - Thanks for sharing that. Really nice! Wish I had my mothers 1970 Dodge Coronet with the slant 6 in it, or even better the 1963 Chevy Impala wagon with the straight line 6. I really think the engines today are better designed.

In my driveway:

2001 Chrysler Voyager - 198000 miles - runs like a clock
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition - 126000 miles - runs like a clock
2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser - 106000 miles - runs like a clock...with frequent windings
2005 Chevy Cobalt - in the shop with the front end torn off it for the 2nd time in 5 months. Daughter wacked a guard rail. 67,000 miles. $1000 a year ago for a new "drive by wire" steering system (they got the idea from Toyota). Car was recalled this week for steering problems. May get my $1000 back....which I can apply directly to the increase in insurance with 3 accidents in 5 months! Ah, beautiful daughters, with lead feet.

Re:Great NBR video, starts a boat related topic.. 14 years 1 month ago #2434

That’s a great video! I like how she has taken advantage of the “life time parts” really funny!!!

Re:Great NBR video, starts a boat related topic.. 14 years 1 month ago #2436

When I used to work at NAPA, we pretty much joked about lifetime parts. We just didn't do it. When you think about it, it doesn't make much sense. Very few people ever do it anyways. It's a gimmick to get folks in and charge them the big bucks.

I still own and drive a car I built from the ground up 10 years ago ('23T street rod). I have a '74 4 door Dodge Dart with a /6 I would like to restore if I ever get the title. My truck has less than 9,000 miles on it, and I think Gail's car is around 30,000 maybe.

By the way, I've seen that video of the old lady before. Pretty cool.

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)