• Page:

TOPIC: Laughs On Me

Laughs On Me 14 years 1 month ago #3549

• crosbyboat
  • crosbyboat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
A few years ago I was approached at the Antique Boat Museum about buying a Hydrodyne Tournament Skier. I said (of course) I was interested. A year or so later, I got an email from the person who wanted to consumate the deal. At the time my shop was full, so I offered this incredible deal to an old friend from the 1000 Islands. Not really a friend, more the brother I wished I had had. Incredible deal as in trailer, boat and 318 Chrysler V8 for $200. Another $750 later and the boat had a new outdrive and was a runner. I drove it once a few years back. What a sweet boat. Today on my way home from work after a long day my friend called me. We talked for close to an hour, always a challenge, as we love to get the best of each other. I lost today. After this close to an hour talk, he realized I was close to home and said he had to go. As I came past the shop's driveway, there in the driveway was the Hydrodyne Tournament Skier neatly delivered and waiting for a complete restoration. LOL...if anyone wants to buy this boat for $1, please email me. I'll let you negotiate with my friend. He deserves everything I am unable to give him. This is what true friendship is all about. Wonderful laughs, true love, and the recognition that you've just been had. I am uping my shop's hourly rate to $1000/hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Laughs On Me 14 years 1 month ago #3569

brian,ya lost me,are you really getting rid of it for a buck,lol,or just joking with your buddy?

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Laughs On Me 14 years 1 month ago #3580

your not the only one john, it seems in the read all's it needed was some outdrive work, as to how it was "back-then" to what it is now...well I guess some pictures would help, gotta see if this is a karma moment.

Re:Laughs On Me 14 years 1 month ago #3593

• crosbyboat
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Bought the boat for $200 with a blown outdrive. My friend drove to Reading, PA and picked it up for what I paid for it. A replacement Volvo outdrive was bought and installed. Ran like a champ. The day I drove it the 318 blew a head gasket. That was 2 years ago. Head gasket has been repaired and the boat showed up in my shop's driveway for a complete restoration last night. I had no idea it was coming other than the phone call which as I think back on it makes perfect sense from this joker. He had me but good. Oh do I wish I could have one of you send him a dollar bill with a bill of sale from me for $1 indicating transfer of ownership. But...alas...Hydrodyne Tournament Skiers bring a lot more than a dollar....so who's in on this caper?! :blink:

Hydrodyne Tournament Skier - 675 hp - 48 People 14 years 1 month ago #3601

• crosbyboat
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
See the link below for a Hydrodyne Tournament Skier with three 225 Evinrude E-tec motors pulling a 48 person pyramid.

www.hydrodyners.com/movies/rude48personpyramid.html

Re:Laughs On Me 14 years 1 month ago #3613

brian send it from me,lol it is april fools day anyhow,lol

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Laughs On Me 14 years 1 month ago #3628

well this could be interesting...

I would suggest making the BOS a salvage slip for "hardware" and "components" and hide the boat.

if you could hide it...I would be on it also 50 cents from john and 50 cents from me...

say you sold it to

NAVI Corperation
1401 Seawater drive
Ontario Canada

gotta love those Canadians

Re:Laughs On Me 14 years 1 month ago #3649

Should be fun, keep us posted.

I originally got back in to boats 4 years ago with a jones for a Hydrodyne tournament boat. I love the Hydrodyne hood scoops and I think the I-O's are the nicest looking tournament boats ever made. I almost had one (in Dallas) for $1200 with an engine problem, but the hull was SWEET! I really couldn't justify a 2000 mile round trip so I looked a little more and found that they were going for a LOT of money in working condition. One sold a couple of years ago in Knoxville (100 miles away) for $12000.

Anyway, I searched again today and found this.

dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/1628031224.html

If anyone is looking for one in Tx. here's your chance. The seats are junk but it could be restored to make a very nice, valuable boat.

(Why is EVERYTHING I want to buy in or near Dallas Texas?)

If I had a big truck, the time to do it and about $2000 I could have had the 1970 Carlson Contender I have already bought that is in (you guessed it...) Dallas, a Merc 1500SS, AND this Hydrodyne, all from Dallas Craigslist.

Bernie

Re:Laughs On Me 14 years 1 month ago #3658

hehehe

yea having to tell a guy that this company bought his boat, which is known to sell boats...any boat on the black market to the Kenya pirates in Africa....may have shipped it to Africa.

well there would still be a chance for him to see it again...he would just have to take a cruise :ohmy:

Re:Laughs On Me 14 years 1 month ago #3663

Bernie:

If you are still interested in a Hydrodyne, I know of a nice one in Cincinnati. I only know the guy by his nickname, but will check and find out his name and number if you may be interested. It is a red one.

Jerry

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)