Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1958 Red Fish

1958 Red Fish 14 years 4 days ago #5404

I just got an old 1958 Red Fish and was wondering what options can I get for some shade? I know originally there was a hardtop but is that the only option or can I get a canvas top? Where can I go to learn more? I live in Sacramento Calif. Thanks. Rob
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1958 Red Fish 14 years 4 days ago #5411

Can't help with the top but that's a great looking Redfish send me more pictures if you have some, I'm sure it will help me with Ideas

Re:1958 Red Fish 14 years 4 days ago #5413

• Duke
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Rob - I have 3 Red Fish Sea Sharks, 2-1959 17's and a 1960 17' with hardtops. If you can post a few more photo's of your Red Fish that may help.

Duke

Re:1958 Red Fish 14 years 4 days ago #5414

I need to take some more pics but here are two more. Thanks for your help!
Attachments:

Re:1958 Red Fish 14 years 4 days ago #5415

I'll take some more shots of it when I take it out this weekend..
Attachments:

Re:1958 Red Fish 14 years 3 days ago #5418

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Cool Boat, I see your from cali, have you been to the www.goldenstateglassics.com/ web site??? A lot of local sac town folks that like to get together, check it out sometime.
Now that is a nice boat you have, very classic, Mike

Re:1958 Red Fish 14 years 3 days ago #5420

Thanks for the info, I will be sure to check it out. Ya I got very lucky, a good friend decided to give me the boat for free and there is really nothing wrong with it. I'm new to boats and have only taken this one out three times so far. One thing is for sure, it's a lot of fun and it gets a lot of attention!

Re:1958 Red Fish 14 years 11 hours ago #5709

Hi Rob,

Great looking Boat. I too live in Sacramento CA. I Can introduce you to the Golden State Glassics group (GSG) www.goldenstateglassics.com if you would like. Give me a call
716-2227 I am sure that someone local can set you up. A bunch of great Fiberglassics guys in Sacramento.

Gemmel

Re:1958 Red Fish 14 years 5 hours ago #5725

Great freebe; I'm sure it took you all of a Millisecond to take him up on the offer :laugh:
It appears to be in great shape and complete. It is a 59 however and if titled as a 58 is is an early 59.
58s did not have Redfish script on the fins, rather they had decals.
58 Sharks did not have fin tip protectors or bow handles, only Capri's had those.
58 windshields were mounted flush to the deck and 59s raised up an 1 1/2" or so.
58 had a clear single lns forward facing bow light.
58 upholstory is also different and can be seen in the 58 broshure on this site.
I'm envious B) My 58 needed everything (see 'Restofish') and I've never seen a 58,9 Shark is such good shape as yours; why not, Clifornia cars are usually clean as well ;)
Seams like I've seen a photo of a soft top on these boats but cannot really help with that. Some hardtops exist and Retoboat is repoping them.

Have fin..

Re:1958 Red Fish 14 years 5 hours ago #5726

Yes get in with the GSG club and will be looking to see you on one of he big dogs runs.
Dam what deal you got
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:1958 Red Fish 14 years 5 hours ago #5727

Not to go on but the dash on 58s&9s are different, control mounts are integrated on 59, floors are different; 58 had stringers & air chambers, 59s are balsa.....

Its cool to see this boat of yours and I can see the placement of bumper cleats whereas mine are missing. Poorboy has some and we'll probably make a cast run and now I know ehere to place them ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)