Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1968 Superglas Sea Hawk barn find resto project

1968 Superglas Sea Hawk barn find resto project 7 years 10 months ago #123552

So, I picked this up Saturday and haven't been able to gather much info or history on this boat, not even here.

This boat was last in the water in 2006 and has been in a barn since. Overall the boat is in great shape and complete including the 55 Johnson and Sterling trailer.

Unfortunately, mice had taken residence in the motor and did a number in it. Plan is to undress it and fresh paint and wiring.

The hull has significant gelcoat crazing and I am in the process of scuffing it out with 240 sandpaper. Below the rubrail the crazing is very shallow and disappearing with minimal effort. The gunwales are much worse and the crazing most likely penetrates to the glass. Looking for suggestions on best ways to seal and fill. I am trying to avoid painting the boat if possible.

How can I post pictures as I go?

Thanks
Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1968 Superglas Sea Hawk barn find resto project 7 years 10 months ago #123593

Ben - you can attach pictures right from your phone or PC using the "Choose File" button below for images. You just need to locate the picture file on your directory and click on it to upload.

If you want to upload more than one picture you will need to Edit your post. You can then locate your picture file and place the cursor before or after the previous picture. make sure to hit Enter to put in a blank line between the picture files - this will make sure they don't all run together.

Always like to see someone else's projects and how they are coming along. Good luck!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Remember - There's always room for one more project!! (not really, my garage is full!!)

1963 Lone Star Triton w/ 1979 55 hp Johnson (soon 1963 Merc 850!!!)
1968 Lone Star Mustang w/1974 70 hp Evinrude
1974 Marlin with 1971 Merc 1350
1980 Glastron GT-150 w/1977 115 hp Johnson ( soon 1977 Merc...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)