Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Aristocraft Funliner

Aristocraft Funliner 3 years 10 months ago #142341

We need to set the stage by all listening to C.W McCall classified advertisement. just replace Chevrolet with boat

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I found a "old boat and motor, not sure if it runs or not" So we showed up, looked at "the old boat" no one present had any idea what the year, make or model of the boat was or the year of the motor. I liked the lines, and it didn't look too bad so now it was on to the price. 350, are you kidding, I will give you 200. Nope gotta have 250, sold! Boat seller wife, trying to hold back smile for getting this thing out of the yard, I think I heard singing as we pulled away. At this point I still had no Idea what the make or model was until a couple days after I removed the the trash from the floor and discovered the logo in the floor. Well anyway, here is the start of the project .

Part removal, part searching and sanding next.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Aristocraft Funliner 3 years 10 months ago #142361

Parts removal and several days of sanding. A couple of surprises hidden under some old patches and quite a few spider web cracks to go fill. Come on UPS man, bring me my glass! [attachment=54555]

Aristocraft Funliner 3 years 10 months ago #142362

A little work ahead of you but should be fun project.

Bob

Aristocraft Funliner 3 years 10 months ago #142371

• STN19
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
my all time favorite glassic! good start cant wait to see what you do with it

Aristocraft Funliner 3 years 10 months ago #142375

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Looks like you are digging right in. I noticed they older versions of this boat did not have a splash well and your slightly newer one appears to have a separately fabricated well that is not part of the top or hull. How is it attached. I wonder if it was just easier for the manufacturer to build and add the separate well rather than rework the old deck mold and easier to build a new deck mold with the well built in. I want to copy this idea as this is a concern that my 1958 boat doesn’t have a splash well. I appreciate the pictures and explanation of any steps as I hope to do these same things one day.

Dr.Go!

Aristocraft Funliner 3 years 10 months ago #142376

The splash well is a standalone piece, my guess is that it was strictly an easier way to do the manufacturing and it probably allowed the company to offer them as an option. It was bolted to transom and the flares and had a serious brass drain plug that was flared after it was through the well and transom. It would be a pretty easy piece to build. If you need detailed photos or measurements just let me know. What I'm really in search of now are good photos and measurements of a set of seats since I don't have any and can't seem to find any, might as well build them.

Aristocraft Funliner 3 years 10 months ago #142399

UPS man showed up and so did the rain. I got to play with the total boat epoxy and fairing compound a little bit. So after some sanding and grinding out some of the cracks, I guess I will see how it turns out. The epoxy in the holes has chopped up glass in the epoxy and the cracks is just the total fair.

Aristocraft Funliner 3 years 10 months ago #142432

In-between rain storms some of the grinding, cutting and glass. It's coming along! Time for more sanding and a strip of glass over the keel.

Aristocraft Funliner 3 years 9 months ago #142470

I knew I would find a set of seats, just didn't think they would be attached to a whole boat!

Attachments:

Aristocraft Funliner 3 years 9 months ago #142490

• STN19
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
now you can have two nice boats to play with lol. A least you will have a lot of nice spare parts off of that one

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)