Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147044

From the video am I testing the rotor cap correctly? I am not getting any spark to the plugs
Thank you for your interest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147045

Rotor is good.just clean with hot soap and water. dry. to test correctly you need a merc-o-tronic 98 or similar.

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147046

Rotor is good.just clean with hot soap and water. dry. to test correctly you need a merc-o-tronic 98 or similar.

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147048

OK, the reason I asked is that when I took the rotor off the shaft a little coper clip came out . I was wondering if there needed to be conductivity between that coper piece and the top copper/brass? contacts at the top and side of the rotor.
there is conductivity between the top two contacts but not between those and the one that came off underneath in the rotor shaft socket .

Thank you Dave

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147049

OK, the reason I asked is that when I took the rotor off the shaft a little coper clip came out . I was wondering if there needed to be conductivity between that coper piece and the top copper/brass? contacts at the top and side of the rotor.
there is conductivity between the top two contacts but not between those and the one that came off underneath in the rotor shaft socket .

Thank you Dave

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147050

Thank you Dave

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147051

Thank you Dave

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147052

Thank you Dave

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147053

Thank you Dave

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147054

Thank you Dave

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147055

the clip helps hold the rotor ON.

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147059

ok thanks

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147060

ok thanks

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147061

ok thanks

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147062

ok thanks

Suggestions how to test rotor cap of a magneto 1 year 7 months ago #147063

The reason you are not getting continuity to the rotor center or outer pointer, is because the rotor receives spark from the brass tab through the distributor cap. Without the distributor cap in place, there is no connection between the two places.
To test the quality of your spark, remove the rotor, set up a test gap between the brass tab and the magneto housing (ground) and spin the magneto shaft.
You should see about 3/8" of blueish white arc ideally.
I use an old fuel primer bulb to drive the magneto,...See attached.
doc

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6949 guests and one member online