Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1963 mfg niagra

1963 mfg niagra 5 years 8 months ago #137089

Hello all. Been on the lookout for a little runabout to get on the water for a few years now but nothing caught my eye until now. I'm working in West virginia this year and stumbled upon this. Checked it out on a day off and wound up hooking it up to the truck. A 1963 mfg niagra sitting on a tee nee trailer that hasn't seen the water since 1988 and been in a garage since new. Seems to be all original with the sun n' fun seats and canvas top. Waiting on a little time off to head back home to drop it off at the boat mechanic and get it shined up before heading to the water.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1963 mfg niagra 5 years 8 months ago #137090

Is there a reason the photos appear rotated after I submit a post?

1963 mfg niagra 5 years 8 months ago #137091

Don't know Why pic are crooked ? but I'm sue it will float upright ! Ha-Ha-Ha ! Great find ! Pretty boat !!!

1963 mfg niagra 5 years 8 months ago #137096

That's a very sweet '63 Niagara and to find one with the original Sun 'n Fun seats in such good condition is almost impossible. And to have them in the blue (or aqua, not sure) to match the deck is even better!

I have an original and unrestored 1966 Niagara and a 1962 Edinboro that's just been restored, I grew up with four MFGs, plus have these two, so if you have any questions as you get into it, fire away. It took me three years to find a red Edinboro with the original Sun 'n Fun seats.

Also included a copy of a magazine ad for the MFG Sun 'n Fun seats when they were introduced for the 1962 model year.

Enjoy!
Attachments:

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

1963 mfg niagra 5 years 6 months ago #137591

Just got her back from the mechanic and the weather finally gave me a break enough to get the boat wet and idle around some. It needs to go back to the mechanic to get the carb rebuilt then should be a blast. It also floats well. Looking for new lenses for the teenee tail lights if anyone has a nos set laying around somewhere.

Attachments:

1963 mfg niagra 5 years 6 months ago #137596

Your Niagara is looking real good. I love the seats!

About the trailer lenses. Just a suggestion, but I too have tried to keep the original TeeNee trailer lights, but have found them to be a real headache.

Every boat I get now, I just go to Walmart and buy a set of submersible LED trailer lights. Price just keeps going down and are now down to $23.42 per Walmart Online for a complete kit. Remove the old ones and mount a set of these. You'll never look back because they will outlast the time you own the trailer. If you want, add a couple of amber reflectors near the front of the trailer on each side for a couple of bucks more. I even used these to replace the standard incandescent lights on a brand new trailer - they work great.

See:

www.walmart.com/ip/Waterproof-12V-Square-Trailer-Running-Lamp-Kit-LED-Brake-Turn-Stop-Tail-Light-on-Clearance/804705502

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

1963 mfg niagra 3 years 8 months ago #142760

I had an identical boat with the original sun n fun seats intact except it had a '63 Johnson 40 electric shift. She was a barn queen too and in near perfect condition. The motor was seized when I got it so I bolted a '78 Johnson 55 on her and it ran great with that setup. Handled well, nicely balanced and did mid 30's. Sadly I sold it when I moved to Pennsylvania, still miss it.

Edited to add pictures.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)