• Page:

TOPIC: New boat. Not sure if Edinboro or Niagara

New boat. Not sure if Edinboro or Niagara 3 years 7 months ago #143047

• Pmck7
  • Pmck7's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey All, I recently acquired this MFG which I believe to be a 1960-1962 Edinboro or Niagara, but I'm not sure which. It has a 75hp Evinrude Starflite IV on it. Got it running a couple weekends ago, put it in the water and then realized theres a small leak. Engine ended up stalling out so now I'm rebuilding the engine. It has the splash well in the back, no seats, but has the selectric shift.

My next question, is if it is a Niagara, do they have the foam under the floor boards like the Edinboro's?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New boat. Not sure if Edinboro or Niagara 3 years 7 months ago #143053

You came to the right forum.

You have a 1962 Westfield, which is 15' 8" centerline.

The lights show its a 1962, and 4 "laps" to waterline is either Niagara or Westfield, but the Niagara and Edinboro that year had molded-in step pads, while the Westfield had them mounted, chrome with rubber insert.

At 75hp, that boat is a little overpowered and likely has transom damage. Check carefully.

I am well familiar with these, as I grew up with my dad owning both a 1963 and 1966 Westfield, plus a 1965 Edinboro.

I own a restored 1962 Edinboro (Big Red) and an original and unrestored 1966 Niagara (Little Blue).

See pix below.

If you have more questions, shoot me an email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)