Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Time Travel

Time Travel 4 years 7 months ago #140909

• Nautilus
  • Nautilus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I came up with this epiphany while doing some deep thinking on the toilet.

OK...suppose I invented some kind of rocket/vehicle/whatever that could travel faster than the speed of light and enable me to return 10 minutes before I left. Wouldn't I then see myself leave in ten minutes? (there would be two of us)...and when that 2nd me returned, wouldn't he then see himself leave? (three of us) It follows then that the single initial time travel trip would generate copies of me every ten minutes and the number would continue to increase until the first me died of old age. At that point, a death would occur every ten minutes and the number of Jans would stabilize.

However, if I left on the time travel trip right now and lived exactly 10 more years, there would be 525,600 Jans before stabilization occurred...but there would ALWAYS be 525,600 Jans! If it can be assumed that every "me" fathered two children and each child fathered (mothered?) two children, etc., the result would be an exponential infiltration of Jan genes that would eventually comprise the entire (highly intelligent) population of the earth, all related...obviously, a quantum leap in human evolution, aside from the obvious inbreeding eventuality.

There is little doubt that my progeny would erect a monument to me: "Nautilus, Father of Humanity!" ...has a nice ring to it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Time Travel 4 years 7 months ago #140914

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Jan , You sure have a weird poop time. lol

Time Travel 4 years 7 months ago #140915

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
"OK...suppose I invented some kind of rocket/vehicle/whatever that could travel faster than the speed of light and enable me to return 10 minutes before I left." Wouldn't I then see myself sitting on the porcelain throne wondering what the heck just happened?
You really gotta change the reading material in the private library.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7103 guests and 3 members online