Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a question about an other outboard? Scott, Ward and others are discussed here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Flying Scott 60 Parts Needed

Flying Scott 60 Parts Needed 6 years 8 months ago #133204

Started to restore my 1960 Flying Scott 60 (top photo). After finding rat/mouse nests in the water systems, I am tearing everything down for further inspection, media blasting and painting.
I am in need of the two Lever-Hood Latches (3rd photo), Left 236-1722 and Right 136-1722, as both are broken off and missing. Also missing are the two caps C3JB-4697 for the control cables (2nd photo).
Any help in finding and buying these parts would be appreciated.
Thank you, Garon
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flying Scott 60 Parts Needed 6 years 8 months ago #133218

garons own,
Scott-Atwater changed the control cable ball on the 1960 models from a "small" ball to "large" ball. The pic you show of the blue and white motor is a 1960 or newer with the larger ball, but the pic of the motor with the red and white hood may be a 59 as the hood is a 59. A lot of hoods are changed around, but I would like to see the other side or the serial plate to determine the exact year. If the serial plate is on the forward face of the transom clamp it's a 59. If the plate is on the back of the clamp and faces the rear it's a 1960 or newer. Most likely it's a 1960 with a 59 hood.
I might have a set of large clamps. They are difficult to find because they are removed when the motor is pulled off the boat and then get lost.
The hood handles are the same for all years. I have spare hoods with handles that I could sell, but no spare handles.
Don

Flying Scott 60 Parts Needed 6 years 8 months ago #133228

Don, thank you for your reply. My serial number plate is on the rear. # 3662. My motor is painted red. The photo of the cover has already been stripped for restoration of the chrome parts. My cover latch handles are attached to the lower housing, not the cover hood.
Attachments:

Flying Scott 60 Parts Needed 6 years 8 months ago #133231

garons own,

Yup, definitely a 60. And you're right about the handles. I should have known, I've had to change enough broken ones.
I'll check today to see what I have around.

Don

Flying Scott 60 Parts Needed 6 years 8 months ago #133282

garons own,

I do have an extra set of latches, but no control ball clamps. I will PM you the info on the latches.

Don

Flying Scott 60 Parts Needed 6 years 8 months ago #133343

• shacomm
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Fun project. I have a 59 parts motor but need to look at the ball clamps (if they are even there). I used the levers to replace the broken ones on my motor.

1960 Dorsett Belmont w/ 60 HP Flying Scott aka \"Whisky Tango\" dorsettbelmont.blogspot.com/ Read my Jerky Blog at JerkyAficionado.com

Flying Scott 60 Parts Needed 6 years 8 months ago #133367

Hi Stephen, I have referred to your Whisky Tango Blog many times for information. Your boat and motor look great. I think I remember seeing your boat when it was for sale here in Sacramento. I am located just east in Fair Oaks.
Thanks for posting all your photos and information.
Garon

Flying Scott 60 Parts Needed 6 years 8 months ago #133531

• shacomm
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes... I found it on the FG Glassifieds and it had been stored in Sacramento in a garage by the second owner. He was sad to see it go but it hadn't been running in a few years. My blog is generally just so I can remember what I did... if it helps a couple other new Scott owners all the better. As always... a shout-out to the members at FG without their help and expertise this Scott might have ended up in the bone yard instead it roars to life every weekend all summer long. Can't wait to see yours in the water! --S.

1960 Dorsett Belmont w/ 60 HP Flying Scott aka \"Whisky Tango\" dorsettbelmont.blogspot.com/ Read my Jerky Blog at JerkyAficionado.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6335 guests and one member online