Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sarasota blue '56 Merc mk 55 in SLC, Utah for $100

Sarasota blue '56 Merc mk 55 in SLC, Utah for $100 2 years 6 months ago #145517

• cron78
  • cron78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I took a look at this motor and came close to buying it but got cold feet as an OMC guy. Pics attached to help you Merc folks out. I have family nearby that could be willing to pick it up for safe keeping for a while if needed. I hope a member wants it and has more Mercury confidence than I do.

The stainless cowl cover is in excellent shape, decals and paint are original and look like they could be polished to a nice finish. Pulls over with good resistance and similar “pop” in all cylinders, but it was dry. When I shifted the gear lever, I heard movement in the lower unit…I didn’t think to check the prop rotation when shifting gears, but the prop did turn. Don’t know if it has spark. I loved the motor until I noticed that the chunk of the rail on the base/pan was gone. Manual choke worked and I was relieved it has manual choke instead of a solenoid (just something else to break as far as I am concerned). Bronze prop didn’t have a nick on it. Looked like the exposed aluminum on the front cover could easily be polished to a shine and the cover paint was good.

Contact Joel at 801-259-6883. He is just off I-15 in Salt Lake City.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7037 guests and one member online