Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Outer Transom Plate

Outer Transom Plate 10 years 9 months ago #79799

I am trying to locate an outer transom plate for my 1969 Mercruiser II outdrive. The part number is 53042A2 and is no longer available. The plate is breaking apart in several areas. Does anyone have an idea where I might locate a used one? Can anyone tell me if an Alpha I Gimbal housing would work with my outdrive if I can't find the part I need? I tried to upload a picture of my drive but it was too large to post. Thanks for any help.

II (1.78:1) 1968-1969 MERCRUISER 31700 OUTER TRANSOM PLATE 53042A2 PLATE ASSEMBLY, TRANSOM - OUTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Outer Transom Plate 10 years 8 months ago #81401

That is a wonderful drive, very well engineered and tough as nails. Is yours a electric or hydraulic shift? Both were made in the same time period, but are very hard to get bits for today as you are finding out. I will beat the bushes for you on this end and see what I can find, they are out there and it is well worth the effort to save it!! Too bad they quit making it, I think they were one of Mercruisers best. Unfortunately there is no way the Alpha will work with it however, totally different drive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7161 guests and one member online