Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 888 Mercuiser With Ford 302, Power tilt pump...

888 Mercuiser With Ford 302, Power tilt pump... 10 years 8 months ago #80076

I have a 73 Bell Boy with the original Mercruiser 888 I/O set up in the boat. I have power to the pump and it seems to work well with the exception of the up trailer mode. When the button is pressed to the up position nothing happens? I've jumped the solenoid and got it to run up so mechanically everything is good. Was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a wire schematic for the pump and button operation on the single solenoid pre Alpha unit? Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Change is Opportunity!

Re: 888 Mercuiser With Ford 302, Power tilt pump... 10 years 8 months ago #80099

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 112
If I recall, don't you have to press the upper 2 buttons simultaneously to get it to tilt out all the way? At least that's what I remember about the Mercruiser PT&T's.

Re: 888 Mercuiser With Ford 302, Power tilt pump... 10 years 8 months ago #80101

So a few friends came by tonight to shoot some silver bullets and we started diving into it. Everything made since except the lack of any power on the top button. A quick scotch brite on the connectors and walla! everything works as advertised. It cycles down quickly by pressing the bottom button. By pressing the center button it rises to mid way. By pressing both the center and top it goes up to trailer mode... Thanks for the help guys we are one step closer to getting on the water.

Change is Opportunity!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat