Milwaukee, I have a problem! 9 years 9 months ago #97369

• jepstr67
  • jepstr67's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Milwaukee, I have a problem......

with my 90HP stringer drive.

It says to run the bilge pump/blower before starting so I did. I usually just hear the air, but this time a bunch of water came out. Odd. I thought. So I took off for a ride and just to be on the safe side bumped the pump again. Again a bunch of water came out. I have a leak! I thought. SO I went back to see if the drain plug had come loose. No, but all the water sloshing around was hot! I figured it had to be coming from the motor. I started looking around and saw the problem. A cover on the motor between the stern drive and the engine block was spraying water out of it. It had cracked from ice freezing over the winter.

The question is....how do I winterize a DU stringer drive? There is not drain plug I can see on the motor.

Thanks

Todd
65 Evinrude Playmate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Milwaukee, I have a problem! 9 years 9 months ago #97415

In theory, you fog and stabile the fuel. It should self drain. But, water will sometimes collect in the water pump on any of the old stringers. So I always pour antifreeze down thru the ports on the top of the intermediate and turn the engine a turn or two until it is coming out the trim tab intake.

Did you crack the intermediate or just the rectangular cover

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8760 guests and no members online