Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Buying a 1984 Seaswirl

Buying a 1984 Seaswirl 8 years 8 months ago #112390

Hi gang. I'm going to look at a 1984 Seaswirl 17' boat on Saturday, and could use some advice. The boat has a Johnson 85 V4 outboard. I already went to look at the boat on the trailer, and it seems sound. The motor starts easily and runs smoothly at idle. On Saturday, the wife and I are going back to get a test ride on it. At that time, I'm going to check compression. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? Did Seaswirl make decent boats in the '80's? I'm a bit of a newb, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Buying a 1984 Seaswirl 8 years 8 months ago #112393

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard thepauly, glad to have you join us. I don't know much about Seaswirl boats, there's a little (early) info in the FG Library
www.fiberglassics.com/library/Sea_Swirl
I imagine the biggest thing to check for is a sound sole (floor) and transom, pretty hard to check stringers without deconstruction.

The V4 OMC (Johnson and Evinrude) are great power plants, usually don't reguire anything more than regular maintenance. (Change the impeller every year or two and keep fresh gear lube and fuel in her.)

Mark

Re:Buying a 1984 Seaswirl 8 years 8 months ago #112436

Thanks for the info, Mark. I ended up not getting it. It seems like a great little boat at the right price, but now's not the right time.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)