Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Depth Finder Install

Depth Finder Install 1 year 7 months ago #147012

Looking to add a depth finder to our 14' wooden boat. Would rather not drill into the dash for the display of the transom for the transducer. Would a portable work and mount the transducer on the lower unit of the motor? Any ideas are much appreciated.
thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Depth Finder Install 1 year 7 months ago #147013

Hello Yimmer, I'm not an expert. Like you, I'm currently working to understand and identify a solution.

Everything I've read states the transducer should be attached to the hull and in a spot that will experience no cavitation. So, attaching to a drive may not work well....

Depth Finder Install 1 year 7 months ago #147017

Nice looking boat. On my Thompson I mounted the transducer on the transom as directed and ran the wire through one of the drain holes for the splash well. The screen mounted to the dash with a couple screws. I know any new screw holes hurt, but for something like this it is worth it.
Bill

Depth Finder Install 1 year 7 months ago #147018

Yeah I have one for my Wagemaker that i havne't mounted yet but I am going to mount it on the transom. As for the display I'm going to make a flip down that will mount behind the dash where you don't see the mounting. Haven't finished the design yet as I'be been hard at wrok trying to get the Century Resorter down.

Bob

Depth Finder Install 1 year 7 months ago #147025

It seems like a lot of equipment instead of useing a couple scews. The clamp with the stress while going down the water will probably make more marks on the transom than a couple screw holes.
Just my oppinion.
Bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yimmer

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)