Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ

I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 9 months ago #9173

I have information on Sea Mac Boats (McCarthy Boats) Riverside NJ. Someone posted several pictures on May 10th.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 9 months ago #9205

Are you teasing us? Please share your information!

Andreas

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside 13 years 9 months ago #9800

I am Fred McCarthy's nephew and I am nearly finished restoring a 16' Sea Mac runabout. Uncle Fred is still alive and well (in his 80's). He founded Jersey Yachts as well. But I have original black and whites shots, some spec sheets and other information. I am amazed that I located 4-5 Sea Mac owners via the internet. Perhaps you are one of those contacts.
Daryl weedeman

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside 13 years 9 months ago #9833

Any history, original photos or literature would be a most welcome addition to the Sea Mac section in the Classic Boat Library. We're all about preserving and sharing the history of classic boats.

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Sea_Mac

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside 13 years 9 months ago #9838

I have not figured out how to add to that page. Please advise

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside 13 years 9 months ago #9839

You may post images and/or a history in the Library additions forum and the library editors will add it.

fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/library-additions

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #17472

Hi Daryl,

Make me the 6th SeaMac owner you've found! DH just bought me a 1958 Sea Mac for my birthday. Is he wonderful or what! She is is great condition, really just needs sanding and varnishing on the brightwork and I'm going to paint her. It looks like she was originally a pale blue. She even has her original canvas top! I am SO excited! Any info and photos of what the 58 looked like would be greatly appreciated.

Would also like to get permission to copy the logo on to a few shirts so when I take the newly restored girl to ACBS shows I'll have a matching shirt to wear. (o.k. guys.... it's a girl thing!)

Great Forum, Jerri

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #17503

• DelRay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Welcome aboard Jerri we would love to see some pictures of your birthday present!

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #18038

Hi Karma,

I'm out of town this week, but will post photos when I get back and dust her off. We found a vintage gas can on ebay this week, so now I just have to sand, sand, sand, varnish; sand, sand sand paint! I'm a member of the Antique and Classic Boat society (ACBS) and there is not one other SeaMac listed. It's great to find someother owners out there.
jerri

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #18151

Hey guys,

'nother question. On the hull of my SeaMac is stamped the roman numerals: CCLXXVIII which should be 278. (My math teacher would so proud!) It's in front of where the gas can will sit. Do you all have this and should I assume this to be my hull number?

Almost forgot.... Just ordered Fred McCarthy's book on Amazon, should be a fun read.

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #18229

Lets see if this works! Two photo's attached of my 1958 Sea Mac
Attachments:

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #18230

Lets see if this works! Two photo's attached of my 1958 Sea Mac
Attachments:

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #18242

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks like she's in pretty good shape Jerri, congratulations! Looks complete too, deck fittings and everything still there!? Sweet. I see GA registration numbers, where are you located? (I'm in Jackson, just south of Atlanta about an hour's drive.)

Mark

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #18246

Hi Mark!

Yes I feel quite lucky that she's in such good shape with everything pretty much original. I'm going to have to start looking for a Sea Mac emblem(s) for the sides, those are missing. I live at the other end of the state in the North Georgia Mtns. (Ellijay) We are about 1.5 hours from Atlanta. There is going to be a Blue Ridge Chapter ACBS boat show in April at Lake Sinclair which is about 1.5 hrs. east of Atlanta. DH and I are definately going but not sure which boat we will be bringing. I feel pretty certain the Sea Mac will be ready by then. Would LOVE to see your boat!

Jerri

PS. Looks like you have a gold boat. I'm on the search for gold marine carpet for our 72 Aristo Craft Nineteen. Do you know any sources?

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #18257

• MarkS
My wife and I were just talking about towing the boat up to LaPrade's on Lake Burton next weekend to cruise around and look at the leaves! Fall is beautiful up there, I'm jealous. (We went there on our honeymoon.)

I'm familiar with Lake Sinclair, my neighbor goes over there a lot. It's only about an hour or so east of me. I'd love to make it to the show in April and meet you and DH, check out whatever you decide to bring. Mine's nothing special, but I LOVE cruising around in it, working on it, etc.. Here's the link:http://www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/the-70-s-disco-fiber/1973-glastron-v178-starflite-project

I think Joe @ Ferguson Poole had some gold marine carpet on his site, let me see if I can find it for you.
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com/canvascoversupolstery.html
Actually it's Brown/Tan, maybe not what you're looking for.

Mark

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #18380

Mark, That would be WONDERFUL. There are 2 events in the Oconee/Sinclair area each year. The April show at Sinclair where we get to show off the boats, drink beer, have fun with the best folks in the entire universe. And then in Sept/October we have a one day event that we take families out from the Brain Tumor Foundation/Starlight foundation. It is a major blast. I would love to see your boat. The carpet it more tan than I am looking for. If I can't find any gold I just may buy something close and dye it. The Aristo Craft has turned into a very long term project, we have some issues that have developed on our Sea Skiff that must be fixed before 2011 boating season.

Burton would be wonderful this weekend, looks like it will be pretty close to peak color. HAVE FUN.

jerri

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #18395

• MarkS
Jerri, if you could post those events on the FG calendar:
www.fiberglassics.com/calendar/month.calendar/2010/10/26/-.html
or remind me when it gets closer to that time, I'd be highly appreciative! Sounds like fun, I'd really like to attend.

Here's another carpet place that comes highly recommended:
greatlakesskipper.com/category-1/14_30-boat-upholstery-boat-carpet-and-marine-flooring.html
There's another, I'll have to look for their info - will advise.

Here's the other one, but I didn't see any gold there either:
www.shop.marinecarpetusa.com/category.sc?categoryId=2

Mark

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #18449

Hi Jerry,
I haven't checked the site for a while but wow! I am excited for you. I cannot believe a Sea Mac made it all the way to a mountain community in N. Ga! I was born in Albany, Ga, left early on, then wound up in College for my first year in a small college in Rome called Berry College.
I am sending you two original pictures from around 1957,58 of some Sea Macs. The Magazine cover of the 2 with the big Merc engines are my Uncle Fred (founder) and my Aunt Etta showing off the boats. The one from the aerial shot is a brand new 16" just off the line. Yours looks like a 14'. I will send you some pics of other who own Sea Macs similar to yours. It may be easier via email.

Daryl Weedeman

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #18462

Hi Mark,

I will file the carpet info for when she's closer to being finished. I'll have the Blue Ridge Chapter calender by mid-November and will gladly post it.

Daryl, How great to hear from you. I send my email to you in a private message. It is my understanding that this boat has been in Georgia for a long time, most likely the original owner was from Georgia. We purchased her from (we think) the second owner who purchased it from the family of the first. If I recall the trailer's county is Clark County GA.

Any photo's would be greatly appreciated. And other owners would be FANTASTIC. I'm an information junky, so I love to see it all. Maybe they can help me find some elusive information. I'm currently reading your uncles book and LOVING it. And from what I'm reading, Etta is a gem. If you talk to them - tell them how much the book is appreciated.

What part of the country are you in? Maybe we'll see you at a 2011 show.

Jerri

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 5 months ago #18477

We live in Stafford Virginia (approx 40 miles south of DC) since 97. Did live near my /uncle for many years before that in southern NJ.
I will feed you pics and info in the near future.
Daryl

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 4 months ago #20087

• MarkS
Jerry, I found some carpet that looks to me to be gold, see what you think;
www.corinthian-marine-carpet.com/carpet-by-the-foot/basic-cut-pile-mica-mist

Mark

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 13 years 4 months ago #20114

Hi Mark,

Looks like it could be! I'll give them a shout for a sample. You are a dear.

Did you sea that Daryl has a website? seamacboats.com It's got some great photos in it. The guys have been a wealth of information in the boats.

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 12 years 9 months ago #33180

This how far I am on the restoration. Now just, varnish, varnish, varnish!
Attachments:

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 10 years 11 months ago #76725

I just got willed my fathers 1962 Sea Mac and am hoping to get it out this summer. I'm pretty new to this boat ownership stuff so I hope I do ok. I was happy to find this site. I may have questions later. Happy boating! I'll submit a pic once I get it cleaned up a bit!

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 10 years 11 months ago #76729

Welcome aboard Deb! Start a new thread with some pics of your new "toy" we'd love to see it.

Bob

Re: I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 9 years 9 months ago #96389

Daryl, I am looking for information and photos. I am restoring a 14' Sea Mac and at a dead end to find a windshield. Any ideas?
Wade

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 9 years 9 months ago #96666

motherofdog, what local chapter of the ACBS are you a member of?

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 9 years 9 months ago #96667

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 9 years 9 months ago #96697

• MarkS
Jerri (motherofdog) and her husband are members of the Blue Ridge Chapter, but haven't dropped in for a visit here in a while...... Great folks, think I'll drop them a line to see how they've been doing.

Mark

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 9 years 9 months ago #96716

Thanks.

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 9 years 3 months ago #102978

I am so sorry for my absence. It's amazing how busy I have gotten. It is true, we are members of the Blue Ridge Chapter ACBS. We have lots of fun with the group. I have started restoring a Red Fish Shark. With it being fiberglass you!ll be hearing more from me! Isn't it wonderful that more chapters of the ACBS will be opening up to the Fiberglassics? Jerri

Re: I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 9 years 3 months ago #103055

deweedeman,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx,

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 9 years 3 months ago #103056

debbysdeli805,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 9 years 3 months ago #103057

Woody_ltd,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 8 months 1 day ago #148239

Hallo! New big boat owner and new to forum.
We have just purchased a 1979 Jersey Yacht sport fish.
Supposedly Mr. McCarthy had this boat designed/built for himself personally.
Would love to know if that is true.
It’s got a custom (seemingly original) little bait well built into the fishing deck. Which we have not seen in any other pictures of the 48’ yachts (albeit very few online)

She needs some work. We’re looking to restore to as close to original as possible.

We’d love to know if the story is true.. about it being Mr. McCarthy’s personal bait. Also hearing many versions of how many of the 48’s were built. Would love to know exactly how many and where our hill number lies within that list.

Any information at all would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance for any info and your time!

I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 7 months 3 weeks ago #148264

welcome to the forum and grats on being a new boat owner.

Create a new thread with this question instead of necroing a 13 year old thread.

I have information on Sea Mac boats, Riverside NJ 7 months 3 weeks ago #148266

Thanks for the welcome.

I will repost in new thread.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)